« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Super Bowl MVP OJ Anderson

Roots for Kings ...

Boozes with Devils Fans

6/1/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0531_Super-Bowl-MVP
Former NY Giants star OJ Anderson picked up the bar tab for a thirsty group of hockey fans this week -- even though they were rooting against his favorite team in the Stanley Cup Finals ... the L.A. Kings.

It all went down during Game 1 between the Kings and the NJ Devils. OJ hit up Miami Mike's Sports Zone in Jersey to watch the action ... where, of course, he was surrounded by Devils fans.

According to Miami Mike himself, OJ didn't let that stop him from slipping on a hockey glove and cheering loudly for the Kings and his fave player Colin Fraser ... who scored the first goal in the Kings' victory.

MM says OJ -- MVP of Super Bowl XXV -- was in the mood to celebrate the win, and "ordered a round of shots for about 25 guys after the game." We're told the boozefest set OJ back $125, plus he tacked on a fat 40% tip of $50!

See, they're hockey fans too -- football players.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cartman

A whole $175 on booze?!?!

What a baller, lol

My Big Salami

Nobody cares about hockey!..It's nothing more than a bunch of Canadians ice skating for 3 hours (yawn)...My cousin worked for the LA KINGS when Gretzky played on the team so I am well aware of the game and also the fair weather fans...But let's be honest, hockey is in the "who gives a F_ CK category" along with soccer...Nobody has cared about hockey and nobody will ever care! Its always gonna be a boring Canadian Sport trying to make it in America!....

Cognizant _illiberal

some new jersey fans are ok. oakland raiders fans are another story

Mihalick

I don't see how this is a big story. I have a crappy job, have no claim to fame, and have spent over $125 at the bar on myself and others many times. Where is my TMZ story, damn it!?

STEVE

This is news worthy? He's a celebrity still? $175 is big spending? TMZ are you losing it? I spend $175 out with friends at one place and give a $50 to $60... tip put me on your page for being a BIG SPENDER! lol This story is a joke! Who called this one in him or the bar to get themselves over? lol This story was grasping for straws to be news worthy!

King Beef

It's all good. He'll have the last laugh when the Kings win the cup in 6 games. Possibly even 5.

shewentwhoa

I have faith in my Jersey Devils to kick LA's a s s!!!

No i'm not crazy just rooting for my team.

NJJim

lol he probably wasnt really charged for the "boozefest" seriously.

steve

It is very refreshing to see a story about a football player that I grew up watching that does not involve death, bankruptcy, domestic abuse, brain damage or arrest. Glad to see OJ is doing well!