Kathryn Joosten

Dead at 72

6/2/2012 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0602_Kathryn_Joosten_gettyKathryn Joosten, perhaps best known for her role as Karen McKluskey on "Desperate Housewives," died Friday after a long bout with lung cancer. She was 72.

Joosten won Emmys in 2005 and 2008 for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her role on "Housewives." She was nominated for a third time in 2010.

Joosten also played Mrs. Landingham for two seasons on the show "The West Wing."

She was first diagnosed with lung cancer in 2001 and it returned in September 2009.

A rep for the actress says she was surrounded by family when she passed.

Tami

i really liked her and she was fantastic on dh....

Bridget

This is so sad. I would always stop channel surfing when I saw her. She was a great actress and a funny lady. Her few appearances on "Scrubs" were by far the best episodes. And "desperate housewives" wasn't nearly as good unless she was in it.

She will definetly be missed by so many television viewers.

Thoughts and prayers to her and her family and friends. May she rest in peace.

Jodischill

Mrs. McKlusky....I loved you character. I cried on the last episode because of you. Rip.

Dennis Johnson

I realy liked her work as well and as been said she died on the last housewives show.RIP,sorry for her family.

Ed

I am so sad to hear this. May she rest in peace.

PS - Though Marc Cherry promised Kathryn that her character would never be killed off, I have a feeling that near the end of the production, there may have been another diagnose. The last episode was also a tribute to her as well (IMO), and it seems like Mrs McCluskey's final storyline was Marc Cherry knowing that Kathryn Joosten would be moving on soon from us (and she was part of that decision).

Again, Rest in Glorious Peace.

parlayer

"So Sad"? "So What" avoid desperation, make better choice's.

360Gal

To the survey questions on "Good Genes? Good Docs?" How about a 3rd option "Sorry but didn't age like that fine wine!"...... some of these people DID NOT
hold their looks.....

Sloane

even though it had been expected for a while, it does not make it any less upsetting or sad to read that it has happened.
it mades her final performance for Desperate Housewives that much more poignant for those of us who had heard about her illness
her and Orson Bean together on the show were remarkable and real
my heart goes out to all who loved her
......gone too soon......

Megwek

Rest In Peace :(

Screamer77

so, so sad!

maryann Conklin

Rest in peace. Condolences to her family and friends.

Linda

RIP, dear Kathryn. You were so brave! The last few episodes of DH were magnificent thanks to your courage.

Linda

RIP Kathryn! You did good!! The last few episodes of DH were magnificent thanks to you and you courage.

Garth

I wonder if they played Wonderful! Wonderful! by Johnny Mathis ?

Patrick

Out of everyone that came and went on the show she was always my favorite. R.I.P you beloved lady.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments