Gwyneth Paltrow

Triggers Racial Controversy

after Using N-Word

6/4/2012 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0604_gwenith_paltrow_on_stage_twitterGwyneth Paltrow ignited a firestorm of criticism after blasting the N-word to her one million Twitter followers this weekend ... while describing a Jay-Z and Kanye West concert in Paris.

Paltrow was rockin out Friday at the "Watch the Throne Tour" ... when she decided to send a twitter pic of herself on stage (above) with the rappers and the caption "Ni**as in paris for real." If you've been under a rock -- or if you're Kris Jenner --  that's the title of a Jay and Kanye song.

The tweet triggered a tidal wave of negative internet buzz ... with fans questioning whether Gwyneth was using the term in a derogatory way. GP later responded unapologetically, "Hold up. It's the title of the song!"

That said, Jay and Kanye did go on to perform their hit song "Ni**as in Paris" a whopping 11 times that night.

CBomb

*****! WHAT??

seemslegit

I don't get it. Rahinna says in all the time but no one cares, but a white person says it and all hell breaks lose. Stupid, just, stupid.

Emilio

They played that song 11 times??? OMG, I would have shot myself in the temple...

TJ741

ya know,, I've never really cared for the word "******" ever sense I was a young boy & hurt the feelings of a friend of mine ( a little girl)
I am now outraged be the fact that the word is ok for some,
( blacks ) to use , yet bad for every one else to use-
HOW RACIST CAN YOU GET ? ? ! !
If ****** is a bad word then BAN it,, fine EVERYBODY that uses it and lets get RID of it.
lets face facts,, if a white / hispanic / chinese ect... person were to tell a black person there was a word THEY couldn't use , that black person would have EVERY right to be outraged.
My point here being that if we are to EVER get rid of racism then we need to make thing equal for EVERYBODY ! -
Bad word ?? Fine ..... NOBODY uses it

SUE

well let us see it seems to be OK when a black person calls a white person a CRACKER, a HONKY, TRAILER TRASH do you see any media attention for that? NO. I believe in all races there are ******s, white trash, it just depends on how you carry yourself and what you do. My best friend is black and we have had many a talk about this and have come to the agreement that it is just a word like F___ it all goes on how you as a person take it. PEOPLE DON"T WE HAVE MORE PRESSING ISSUES TO WORRY ABOUT!!!

Amy

I find it more offensive and tragically retarded that she's at a Jay Z concert and tweeting about it. It's equivalent to Tiny Tim head banging at a Korn concert.

TJ741

wow just found out TMZ automatically blocks out words like ************ is a dumb word anyway,,say it real fast 3 times_
******, ****** , ******_
dumb why don't we ALL stop using it ? ? ? ?

BW

Hey Gwyneth where are the kids?

David

It sure sucks to be a cracker these days.I wonder why the word cracker wasnt sensored?

Rick Doten

First lets face facts the use of the word period is disrespectful and if you are going to go after Ms Paltrow I think maybe you need to address the source Jay Z and Kanye West these two fools need to get their heads out of their arrogant asses.

Valerie

I fault Jay-Z and Kanye. Why use such terminology to describe your concert. And if Jay-Z stopped using the word B**** in his music because of his daughter, why wouldn't hit eliminate the N-word. the 2 of them have set the black community back anotch. I'm disappointed. On top of that Gwyneth lacks sensitivity - she should have thought about it before she opened her mouth - BUT Jay-Z, and everyoen around her have not educated her on not doing this. Beyonce will break it down for her. :)

DDIVA

thats why I DETEST JZ- HE AND KANYE ARE SOME OF THE MOST IGNORANT FOOLS--

COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THEIR 'DOLLAS'

trash is as what trash does---
THEY ARE NOT COOL!!!! TRASH MUSIC-NOT COOL--

bkbijou

Its a little weird she used the title of a song (that definitely could be considered offensive) to describe her being at Jay and Kanye's concert in Paris. That is not a play on words, its just bad taste.

Confused

Question to all the people claiming a white person should not use the word... "If i wanted to hear the song at a club, how should I ask the DJ to play the song? Or should I not listen to songs containing the word either?

Michael

White people use the word behind closed doors anyway. If white people want to use the word fine.
however when using the word to try to be cool or hip as a white person u take a risk, Just remember
a lot of black folks in their 40's do not think its funny or open minded. Again good ole white truth raises it's head. Black folks are N'iggers.
Do not trust them. Look at how they attack Obama
that should tell you about the RED WHITE and BLUE. RACISM IS WHITE AMERICA's DNA.