Legendary Horror Writer

Sued by Ex-Boyfriend --

YOU GAVE ME HIV!!!

6/6/2012 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0605_clive_barker_getty
Legendary horror maven Clive Barker -- who's responsible for the "Candyman" and "Hellraiser" franchises -- gave his ex-boyfriend HIV ... and then kicked him out on the street ... this according to claims in a new lawsuit.

Emilian David Armstrong says in the suit ... he met Barker in early 1996, and they quickly moved in together.   Armstrong had a daughter from a previous heterosexual relationship.  She also moved in.

Armstrong says in November, 1996, he was diagnosed with HIV.  The suit claims Barker had tested positive and had urged Armstrong to get tested.  Armstrong is convinced -- Barker gave him HIV.

Armstrong says Barker confessed he had previously engaged in a sexual relationship with his own cousin, who had AIDS -- and also engaged in sadomasochism in prior relationships that involved syringes.

As for why Armstrong waited 16 years to file a lawsuit -- Armstrong says he and Barker tried to work out their relationship and battle the virus together ... but things started to go south in 2003.

According to the lawsuit, that's when Barker became addicted to prescription painkillers such as Vicodin, Percocet, Demerol, and Oxycodone. Armstrong claims Barker would mix these drugs with alcohol, cocaine, and/or crystal meth and use them for recreation.

But Armstrong says he still didn't give up on the relationship -- and tried to help Barker through his drug problems ... but they only got worse.  Armstrong says Barker started throwing drug-fueled parties with young men ranging in age from 19 to early 20's.

The suit claims in 2009, Barker kicked Armstrong out of his house -- along with Armstrong's daughter -- and left them destitute.

Armstrong claims he was a partner in Barker's business ventures and is entitled to a cut of the profits.  He also says he was promised support for life.

We contacted Barker -- so far, no word back.

nof

By the way, Clive didn't GIVE you Aids ...

You took it.

nof

In 2008 a well-to-do woman said, oh, by the way.

Before we meet?

"I have the Herp..."

Did I go - of course not - I left an online affair blank.

Ten years before that -

I'm dating daughter of a Hollywood legend -

Who'd used needles.

Did I venture forth after hearing about this ?

Of course not.

zeke

I think he oughta make an honest man out of him by marrying him,

Lisa

There is this nifty invention called a condom... should have used one.

Mel

Wow! I don't think you can make this crap up...crazy.

janet

What you can't ware a condom having anal sex?

jeff

It was no good from the first bl wj b.

jeff

What the hell happened since I was last here? Clive Barker is gay. Didn't know that. Clive Barker has aids. Didn't know that. He had sex with his cousin. Didn't know that. He gave another lover aids also. Didn't know that. Finally a big crazy mindf ck story that's not all about agenda pushing or paying off tmz to get publicity. This story came(no pun intended)out of nowhere.

Jonas Rimmer

One in each five homossexuals in the USA is contaminated with AIDS. Gay man cant control their impulses, we need to get homossexualism back as a CID disease ASAP, so we can cure our brothers and save them from harm.

Blue

Wow. Love Barker, had no idea, and really don't care that he is gay, but sad if he is an addict. I did wonder why he wound up in a coma for just an infected tooth last year, thought at the time he must have had a poor immune system, but this is just mindblowing.

Jim

David was and is a cruel and nasty man who is only out to extort money from Clive...Ugh

Alexander

Shouldnt be a ***!

janet

still flapping his wrists....man owes you nothing. Gay hustle someone else.

Hudson

He's a hot man! I am single and ready to meet Clive. And to the idiot below.... I guess divorce has never made head line news for you straight people. You perfectly chosen straight people. I thank God every day that I am a GAY MAN! Life is good

Hudson

Clive is HOT! I am single and want to meet this man! For the backwoods hick below, I assume you think straights have not dealt with any and all of these issues.
I Thank God everyday that I am a Gay Man!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments