Legendary Horror Writer

Sued by Ex-Boyfriend --

YOU GAVE ME HIV!!!

6/6/2012 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0605_clive_barker_getty
Legendary horror maven Clive Barker -- who's responsible for the "Candyman" and "Hellraiser" franchises -- gave his ex-boyfriend HIV ... and then kicked him out on the street ... this according to claims in a new lawsuit.

Emilian David Armstrong says in the suit ... he met Barker in early 1996, and they quickly moved in together.   Armstrong had a daughter from a previous heterosexual relationship.  She also moved in.

Armstrong says in November, 1996, he was diagnosed with HIV.  The suit claims Barker had tested positive and had urged Armstrong to get tested.  Armstrong is convinced -- Barker gave him HIV.

Armstrong says Barker confessed he had previously engaged in a sexual relationship with his own cousin, who had AIDS -- and also engaged in sadomasochism in prior relationships that involved syringes.

As for why Armstrong waited 16 years to file a lawsuit -- Armstrong says he and Barker tried to work out their relationship and battle the virus together ... but things started to go south in 2003.

According to the lawsuit, that's when Barker became addicted to prescription painkillers such as Vicodin, Percocet, Demerol, and Oxycodone. Armstrong claims Barker would mix these drugs with alcohol, cocaine, and/or crystal meth and use them for recreation.

But Armstrong says he still didn't give up on the relationship -- and tried to help Barker through his drug problems ... but they only got worse.  Armstrong says Barker started throwing drug-fueled parties with young men ranging in age from 19 to early 20's.

The suit claims in 2009, Barker kicked Armstrong out of his house -- along with Armstrong's daughter -- and left them destitute.

Armstrong claims he was a partner in Barker's business ventures and is entitled to a cut of the profits.  He also says he was promised support for life.

We contacted Barker -- so far, no word back.

Jackie

wow!!!...crazy

ElisabethIsDisgusting

Medically, this suit is unprovable. Unless the plaintiff was a monk, there's no way to prove he got the virus from Barker. HIV can be asymptomatic for years. What's to say Armstrong didn't give Baerker HIV?

Jay W.

Rock Hudson never had any friends... but he sure had Nabors up the A$$.

tellmeaboutit

Wow, that's quite a story and a bitter one too. I doubt he'll get anywhere, since he waited so long to file when he knew way back that he was infected. And since once Barker tested positive, Barker advised him to get tested too, that's not a sign of trying to hide it.
But what a mess. Good luck to both of them, and I don't even want to think about a kid in the middle of all that.

MissKittyNC

WTF am I doing on this site...ugh...

Tammy

So, Armstrong AND his daughter were deadbeat losers living off Barker for 16 years? Dude, I think you're about 16 years too late for this lawsuit and if you don't have a business contract, you're not getting any money that Barker don't want to give you and I think he shouldn't want to give you a penny because of this lawsuit. Furthermore, while they can test if the strains are the same, I think given the disease effects each person differently, it'll be hard to prove who gave it to whom, unless Armstrong is claiming he'd never had unprotected sex before Barker.

Bird

I think if you give someone HIV, the least you can do is support them financially.

cc05

I can't believe that he let his daughter live in the house with drug and sex parties..??

latestdiets.net

was this Super AIDS or just regular AIDS?

el polacko

"sadomasochism involving syringes" ?!? wtf ?? this guy is just trying to make his story sound more scandalous than it is. plus, who waits 16 years to sue ? this story just reeks of bs.

VIDGMER

Emilian David Armstrong, You deserve it to death!

MR Queer Armstrong, read book of Leviticus -

Leviticus 18:22

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

SMF

I have long known Clive was at least bi-sexual but didn't care, it didn't have any affect on the things I admired about him. I also suspected with his health problems he was quite likely HIV positive. However I have to say even if Armstrong got HIV from him the blame can not be placed solely on Clive. we're talking about the 90's, When HIV/Aids was prominent and very scary. Anyone and that includes hetero that engaged in unprotected sex was taking their life in their hands. They both share the blame if it's true. It also sounds like Clive did the right thing in that as soon as he tested positive he advised Armstrong to get tested.

If he did that, and if there was no malicious intent of purposely infecting, which I can't imagine anyone would do, then thats all he could do. It doesn't mean he's responsible for the guy for the rest of his life. I guess it will all come down to what was promised and what can be proven about what was promised. This is something I'm quite close to as I have a relative in somewhat the same situation, although no disgruntled lover or lawsuit as of yet anyway. I do feel sorry for the guy but as long as Clive did not purposely infect the man I'm pulling for him to win this.

CJ

I know it sounds funny, but I am starting to feel bad for celebrities. They are sued all the time for any reason. So you lived with this guy for 10 years and partied and now you don't have any money. WAH, air your dirty laundry and expect to be paid??? How many people have been in terrible relationships and then simply rebuild your life when it's over? Not try to sue the other person, no one was twisting your arm when you were living it!

Bo

Shame on EDA for doing this. He's a bitter person.
When it's over, it's over. You rode on CB's coattail as long as you could and this is how you repay him. You obviously have no employable skills so go after the moneymaker. Pitiful!

SMF