Mel Gibson's Dad

Allegations of Elder Abuse

6/5/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0604_gibson_dad_2
Mel Gibson
's father -- who filed for divorce Monday -- believes his wife has been abusing him, and Mel has jumped to his dad's aid ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Mel and his family have been tending to 93-year-old Hutton Gibson, who is seriously ill with a panoply of ailments.  Hutton is taking a slew of medications for his conditions, but we're told his wife, Teddy Joye (who is in her 70's) believes her husband's family is prolonging his suffering and wants to discontinue all medicines to accelerate his death.  She also believes that's what Hutton wants.

We're told Mel has taken the lead to ensure his dad is getting his meds, and believes Joye is guilty of elder abuse by her conduct.  Sources say Mel wants Joye out of his dad's house -- stat.

As we first reported, Hutton personally filed for divorce and even signed the divorce docs in shaky handwriting.

0604_gibson_signature_sub_2
We're also told Joye is going to fight it out with Mel -- possibly in court.

The animosity between Mel's family and Joye is intense.

Cujeaux

2Is: Chortling at the thought of an Allred press conference embarrassing the Gibby boys. Who claims elder abuse on an octogenarian trying to take care of a centegenaian? It's so ludicrous! I hope TJ retains Robyn's female attorney to go after Gibby.

I-T-A about Gibby using this in an attempt to head off a bigger scandal. We've seen the patterns with him and his publicists using the media. I have a feeling he went off on his own with this one. His publicist wouldn't touch this with a 10' pole!

So funny about him wanting to put a woman in jail! I think she's the one with the power to expose the next scandal and he knows it. I've had my suspicions that he's been on drugs for a while. I think Teddy has proof that he's been raiding the medicine cabinet and keeping Pappy high as a kite. If Pappy had a terminal illness, Jr would have leaked it by now.

Cujeaux

COOL BUNNY

Stupid as usual.
Where does it say Mel DIDN'T set his dad up with professional caregivers? Even after he did the wife has the authority to tell the caregivers what to do/not do.
There is nothing 'fishy' about the meds thing.
And what in the world makes you think that his kids are lazy? Because YOU don't know exactly where they work or what they do? Because the media hasn't 'reported' on them?
------------------------------------------

Bunnyazz I just posted a link under Tell's post above that provides a sampling of what the older Gibnutz kids have been up to - and it's nothing much. The media doesn't report on them because there's nothing much to say.

If Pappy was provided managed care, Teddy wouldn't have the power to call the shots in terms of medication, and neither would Gibby. If he's as sick as Gibby claims, YOU WOULD THINK - you would think, he would be in the HOSPITAL!!!

Cujeaux

Tell you are assuming that Pappy was of sound mind when he sighed the divorce papers. If he's as far gone as Gibby claims, why would ANYONE - ESP. Gibby, encourage him to go through a divorce, with the added complication of expecting an elderly woman to support him financially?
If Gibby gave Pappy POTC$, you would think it wasn't a bundle given his age. You would also assume that HE WOULD HAVE WRITTEN IT OFF! If he was the compassionate army supporter you believe him to be, he wouldn't kick an elderly woman who's been married to his father for 12 years to the curb! No matter what! At her age she's in no condition mentally or physically to take care of Col. Klink - who I predict will still be alive a decade from now. This is an attempt to fleece TJ cooked up by the both of them. It should show you how desperate Gibby's financial affairs are.

Tellthetruth59

Case in point regarding celebs and money. Kathy G has a 33 year old boy toy... he loves her for sure :-) http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/06/kathy-griffin-bikini-photos-boy-toy

2idiots

TELLTHETRUTH59

14 MINUTES AGO
-----
OUT OF BOUNDS! Back on the KG thread here - you and the FLOCKERS trashed KG - you cant use her a point of reference when it suits you (just like you did yesterday referencing OG telling Mel he supported an army). Unfair to use things (or people) when convenient.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

BELT sander Idiot. There's a big difference.

Just happened to drop in on your profile and saw those two STUPID BIGOTED statements. LOVED it, had to share. :) Thank you for playing. Play again!

Cujeaux

Pappy has another broad on the back burner - I guarantee. If he still has the same 'mental capacity' I doubt he was tossing the bank statements either. Plus since they were married, the alleged POTC$ is joint property. If Gibby expected them to manage it properly, well - a fool and his money are soon parted.

As for the Mormons, I'll stop ridiculing them when they stop breeding litters of kids on the taxpayers dime. That's still going on and should irk you as much as the GSA scandal.

Church of Mel is an epic fail as a religious institution and serves NOBODY but the Gibz clan. If its not open to the public or serving the community in the manner they originally proposed, it should be boarded up and foreclosed on. It was a shrine to himself from the onset. All of his fights with the priests are to keep them from knowing what's in the church till. Gibby is truly a chip off the ol' block.

2idiots

Gosh maybe Mr Mel should have opened up his Church to that Temple in Corona (Temple Beth-Oy VEY) - he could have sublet some space to them to help off-set operating costs and maybe even turned a little J-w profit! or is it Prophet?

Fidel's niece

The Daily Beast has 17 craziest bits from Joe Esterhas e book "Heaven and Mel

Mel calling Randall Walace - "a loser"
and
making fun of Alan Nierob'ss/his PR guy's wig
and how he fell apart when his sister died...
Mel's obsession with ENEMAS and the word sh*t,
that he uses constantly...
also a story about Mel LETTING A YOUNG WOMAN PERFORM ORAL SEX ON HIM
DURING A DINNER PARTY...WHOA! LOL!
it just gets sleazier by the minute...
I think Robyn was THE one with class,
Mel has NO CLASS! NONE!
2012/06/06/17-craziest-bits-from-joe-
esterhas-ebook-about-mel-gibson-
heaven-and-mel-.html
PS...Are there BJ's in Heaven?
Lets hope so, since Mel is so obsessed with
them...:LOL!

Cujeaux

LOL, The Beast hates Gibby. I bet the 'dinner party girl' was Laura SaLeezy and the guilty confession to Ez was because he knew he got her pregnant.
Tee hee!

2idiots

That e-book Joe wrote sounds rather insightful. I can't imagine he'd write something so telling if it weren't true because he could get sued.
There's been no lawsuit filed for the Mel-a-boo Meltdown tapes. There's been no lawsuit filed for the Costa Rican Rants. I'm guessing Mr Mel won't try to sue over the Esterhaus Expose' either (i dont believe he *Mel* can sue over the truth).
Cuj, I bet you're right about who Blew Mel at the dinner party. Obviously TUBE-STEAK was on the menu.
I wonder if Mr Joe send "advance copies" to folks like Ari, Alan Neirob and others that Mel verbally trashed.
Cuj help me out here -- didn't TMZ post a story about Joe sharing with OG's attorney the threats that Mel vocalized while in Costa Rica? Was it "said" that those threats were the going to be investigated? I wonder whats up with that!!
Poor Teddy Joye who seems more like a sacrificial lamb being offered up to God by Pope Hutton and Archbishop Mel.
Oh what a tangled web we weave.

2idiots

COOL BUNNY

LOL! I have no idea what you were responding to IDIOT, I read it in your profile, just like I said! ROFLMAO at SUCH an idiot!!

Whatzzamatter, idiot, you feel all unloved or something? Seems to me YOU are the one feeling all hostile and aggressive here.
THANK YOU for thinking I'm like Mr. Gibson. I WISH I was. Such talent and humor and kindness to those in need. Such perseverance and strength in the face of monstrous adversity stemming from unfair allegations and lies. Hell yeah, to be like Mel, that's a good thing! Thanks!
YOU are jus ttoo ignorant to face the truth about him, but that doesn't change what he is
----------
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH! The truth about MR MEL has been exposed time and time again and WE ALL KNOW THE TRUTH. You're the one who cant face or accept it.
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ - Sparkles!!!! Tee-Hee!

kkg

How sad. So many ugly emotions can surface regarding the care and well being of elderly and ill family members. No surprises Mr Hutton Gibson's children want to keep their father with them as long as possible. Regarding Mrs. T. J. Gibson's claim she was merely following her husband's wishes by suspending his medication,..... well, his signature on the divorce decree says otherwise. At least to me.

Kathleen

2idiots

the allegations of abuse is just smoke and mirrors. If there was abuse happening (of any kind) then WHY is he filing for divorce? Why not try and get her thrown in jail.
Remember these "claims" are coming from Camp Gibby who also claimed he was being extorted....

Cujeaux

2Is: I don't remember any report of Ez making contact with Ox's attorneys, but I do remember Ez telling reporters he wanted her to be aware of the real threat Gibby poses. This is an excerpt from a recent Ez interview on CNN......

"One of the reasons I wrote it, one of the reasons I included those parts, is that I thought that by writing it would extend a kind of protective corridor around her," Eszterhas said. "I think that's necessary, because I truly feel there is a potential for great tragedy."
Eszterhas said he is getting online death threats from people he suspects are Gibson fans. "I've had to ask our local police department to pay special attention to my family's safety," he said.
---------------------------------------

You know Gibby is FUMING over this, ESP. The title
'Heaven and Mel '. SNORT!