Mel Gibson's Dad

Allegations of Elder Abuse

6/5/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0604_gibson_dad_2
Mel Gibson
's father -- who filed for divorce Monday -- believes his wife has been abusing him, and Mel has jumped to his dad's aid ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Mel and his family have been tending to 93-year-old Hutton Gibson, who is seriously ill with a panoply of ailments.  Hutton is taking a slew of medications for his conditions, but we're told his wife, Teddy Joye (who is in her 70's) believes her husband's family is prolonging his suffering and wants to discontinue all medicines to accelerate his death.  She also believes that's what Hutton wants.

We're told Mel has taken the lead to ensure his dad is getting his meds, and believes Joye is guilty of elder abuse by her conduct.  Sources say Mel wants Joye out of his dad's house -- stat.

As we first reported, Hutton personally filed for divorce and even signed the divorce docs in shaky handwriting.

0604_gibson_signature_sub_2
We're also told Joye is going to fight it out with Mel -- possibly in court.

The animosity between Mel's family and Joye is intense.

Cujeaux

Ms. Kathleen once again your analytical skills leave a lot to be desired. If Windbag wanted to pop the pills - he would pop them. He's not one to let a woman tell him what to do. Gibby is the one reporting she withheld them and his word isn't worth sh*t.

You failed to mention te fact that he's going after her money. That's often a motivation to divorce as well. He's going to have to prove in court that he has no other means of support - including from his deeply concerned son and grandchildren. Pffffttt!

kkg

@ Cujeaux

Nope, nothing wrong with my analytical skills. I read the article. Did you? Because in it TMZ alleges Mr. Hutton Gibson is "seriously ill" and taking a "slew" of medicines. And he's also 93. Oh, and his wife stopped giving him the medications because she wanted to 'accelerate his death.'

Now, seriously ill and slew are subjective terms. It's hard to know exactly what a 'slew' of medicines would be, but my guess is a lot and at many different times of day. I know my 86 year old mother, who recently ended home chemo for her second bout with cancer, took an amazing amount of meds. And she is incredibly self sufficient. Even so, my sister went there weekly to help her set up her pills in various containers so she could take not only the chemo, but the other meds prescribed for various conditions that are the result of aging. It took alot of monitoring. It still does.

Nowhere in the article does it say MG was the one who reported TJG withheld them. It says HG's family has been caring for him and MG took the lead, just as my sister did, to ensure his dad gets the meds. And yes, if I didn't want to die, but my spouse desired to 'accelerate my death', damn straight I'd file for divorce.

Regarding the monetory situation; don't know, don't care about boilerplate language regarding spousal support, property and attorney's fees. There were no specifics regarding what kind of assets are involved. Until specifics are released, it's all just BS speculation. If you have specifics, please share. With links. Thanks!

Kathleen

Cujeaux

Kathleen you know damn well that Giblitz leaked the story.
You offer your mother's ordeal as an example. Well say you were famous and you had a conflict with your sister or possibly your stepfather regarding your mother's course of treatment. Would you use your fame and notoriety, run to the tabs, and blab sensitive family info in an attempt to punish, manipulate, threaten or seek revenge? It seems like that's what Gibby is doing. It's become his calling card. Then he turns around and goes on Jay Leno to whine when he gets his sh*t thrown back in his face.

Cujeaux

Also Ms Kathleen - boilerplate language seemed to pique your interest when it came to Ox's child support and attorneys fees. Now that the shoe is on the other foot and Papa Gibz - the king of all hypocrites is seeking support from his partner, it's a total bore.
Interesting.......

kkg

@Cujeaux,

I don't know anything about who leaked this story. I never said I did. And unless you work for TMZ, the attorneys involved or one of the Gibsons, you don't know either. You're just projecting what you want to believe, just like you chastise others for doing. I try to keep my comments relative to what I read on the screen, not what I want to read between the lines. I might not always succeed, but at least I try. You, on the other hand....meh.

Kathleen

2idiots

CUJEAUX

Kathleen you know damn well that Giblitz leaked the story.
------
I agree Cuj, GIBBY or one of his offspring HAD to leak this. ONLY someone deep inside Camp COOKOO wud know about the meds being withheld OR how strained TJ relationship is with the family (very mafia ring to it)
This stuff about MG must be hard on the flock since OG is no longer around to blame. How is it that ALL this stuff gets LEAKED and Their GOD Mr Mel keeps stepping in "poop"? It's just one sh-t sandwich after the next.....failed marriage, failed relationship w/ his lover, 3 box office flops in a row and a movie gets shelved AND trying to sell 2 homes in a dead market....OUCHIE OUCHIE OUCHIE.

Cujeaux

I really think Camp Gibby is a camp of one now. His kids probably don't care about the ol nazi and probably shy away from Gibby now that they have more POTC$ than he does. Forget about his publicist! The Gibby mafia most likely consist of outliers like his brother in laws, willing to do his dirty work for a price. TJ must know this better than anyone.

Wasn't flock just squawking recently about Giblitz' right to privacy? They can't rightly turn back now and admit that he's the only likely person to leak this story. Even Pappy's condition fluctuates to suit their needs. He's too sick to take care of himself or fight his wife on the home front, but is willing to roll his ass into court for divorce proceedings.

Oh and have you heard? He's not a nazi sympathizer because he's a holocaust denier. He just brings these things up because he's a history buff.

2idiots

POTC??? Passion Of The CASH?

2idiots

Cuj you're right - they've been pontificating about Mel's right to privacy from the very beginning - yet they root in his business like truffle pigs on the hunt.
Good Point about Col. Klunk not wanting to fight TJ but will to roll into court to clean out her wallet.
i REALLY cant wait for her to step up and start spillin' the beans.

Cujeaux

I see you unsuccessfully dodged my question. I formed the conclusion that you lack critical thinking skill because you believe everything you read. You believe TJ tried to hasten his death because TMZ says so, but fail to recognize that TMZ reported the from a SOURCE. You CHOOSE not to consider the source because the story aligns with your propensity to side with Gibby NO MATTER WHAT. You said yourself you don't know who leaked it, and ignoring that aspect shows your ignorance.

TJ has been publicly maligned without proof to back it up. Gibby won't cop to being the source because as always his COJONES tend to get *snipped* when he's facing a judge.

Cujeaux

I can't wait either. I'm hoping for a TJ appearance on Leno.

Cujeaux

The reply button isn't working!

Cujeaux

There's still hope for Gibby on the GF front as soon as Kris Humphries dumps that sloppy mess. She's got those dark features that could score her a role in the Maccabbee movie.

*still waiting ...... Drumming my fingers.... Checking my watch...... .... *sigh*.
When is the next Gibby movie coming out???
I haven't seen the last 3 but the Macabbee one sounds like a real rape and pillage good time!!!

kkg

Cujeaux,
I'm guessing you meant that diatribe on the other page for me. So I lack critical thinking skills because I chose to remark upon the article as written and not as interpreted by you? Really? Really? You're not just saying that to make me laugh, are you? Because, it would be ok. I love it when you're kind of p!ssy and laugh out loud funny both at the same time.

And the rest of it, damn but you're funny! You have such a creative mind. Twisted, self oblivious undeniably malicious, but occasionally truly amusing. Thanks for the laugh. I've enjoyed it.

Kathleen

2idiots

Cuj personally i think MR MEL should pursue Kim Kardashian - she has that REAL middle eastern look and it seems as if they'd get along quite well sexually. I'd almost venture to say she'd be too much for him and he'd have to BEG her to STOP blowing him.
Now knowing Mr Mel enjoys enemas, I sure Kim is HIS GIRL as she seems to enjoy when guys take "the dirt road home".
The Kardashian/Jenner clan ALSO have their own "church" (you may know it as a tax-shelter) in the Calabasas area. Maybe they, along with Temple Beth Shalom-OY VEY, cud rent space at The Church of Mel. Imagine how Mr Mel's career would "blossom" under the careful guidance of Kris Jenner......TEEEEEE-HEEEEEE!