Melissa Etheridge/Tammy Lynn

I Write the Songs ...

You Get a Cut

6/5/2012 4:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0605_melissa_etheridge_tammy_lynn_michaels_Settlement_article
We've just obtained the settlement agreement between former domestic partners Melissa Etheridge and Tammy Lynn Michaels, and get this ... Tammy has a piece of Melissa's music.

Under the agreement, Tammy gets 50% of the royalties from the album, The Awakening.  Tammy also gets 50% from the songs, A Simple Love, All There Is, All We Can Really Do, An Unexpected Rain, California, God Is in the People, Heroes and Friends, Imagine That, I've Loved You Before, Map of the Stars, Message to Myself, Open Your Mind, The Kingdom of Heaven, The Universe Listened, Threesome, and What Happens Tomorrow.

As we previously reported, the settlement requires Melissa to pay Tammy $13,000 in monthly spousal support and $10,000 a month in child support.  They have agreed to joint custody.

Melissa gets to keep some property in Springdale, Arizona and Hidden Hills, California.  She also gets some property in Arkansas.

And the best.  They each get to keep their own Vespa.

Sheila Shigley

Two lesbians cat fighting and this is why gay marriage should be banned.

nof

Can either *do* guys now - doesn't say.

kerrplunk

Who's on top?

nof

This is what sucks about being an artist -

All of the sudden?

Your live-in "helped you" write everything.

It's easy getting live-ins to come around.

Hard ($) making them disappear.

mt1981

Between this divorce and Luka Magotta, I am now against gay marriage!

ShoeGurlie

All she knows how to do is CHEAT and make a family that she then abandons only to make yet ANOTHER family and do the same thing all over again! I'm surprised she hasn't started another yet. Maybe loosing all of this money will teach her a lesson.

Melissa got what she deserved!

MommaGirl

Why didn't she get a prenup? What you thought you were exempt because you're in a lesbian relationship?

Lydia

Good for Tammy! And I hope Melissa had to pay the Tammy's attorney too.

Blue

She gave up her career and her marriage, was it to Lou Diamond Phillips? to be with Melissa and have children and watch a family, she deserved to be taken care of regardless of her partners gender.

Jay W.

Melissa... I love you, marry me.

Fat Mike

Typical woman

Steinberg

Why does this no talent person have all this ludicrous money to spread around? Is her music that good?

Don Martin

I hear David Crosby is paying up to make sure he doesn't get stuck with the kid now that the happy couple is through posing.

efarrell

Did Tammy write and perform all those songs? Did she bust her butt on stage performing? Can she play a 12 string guitar? I think she is a gold digger and I'm sorry to say she is from my home town. Talk about Greedy!

It's Dave

Hey gays, welcome to the wonderful world of marriage! A larger tax burden and the ability of someone you once loved and trusted taking half your stuff. I guess you're truly equal now, eh?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments