Stuttering 'AGT' Contestant

I'm Not a F-F-F-FRAUD!

6/6/2012 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0606_timothy_poe_afghanistan
Timothy Poe
-- the stuttering "America's Got Talent" contestant who says he developed his speech impediment from a war injury in Afghanistan -- is firing back at allegations he made up the whole thing ... telling TMZ, his injury and stutter are 100% legit.

Poe's audition aired Monday night -- the singer told the judges about a 2009 incident when he sustained serious injuries during an RPG blast in Afghanistan.

Poe spoke with a pronounced stutter during the audition -- which he claims he developed as a result of his war injuries.

But reports surfaced yesterday that the singing veteran was full of crap -- because no such RPG injuries were ever reported.

Poe tells TMZ, the fact that there is no record of the incident is a common problem -- one that Poe says is endemic when it comes to reporting soldiers' injuries in Afghanistan.

We asked Tim to prove it really happened.  He said he received treatment at a military medical facility in Afghanistan before being transferred to a medical center in Landstuhl, Germany. Tim says he was then transferred to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.  He did not produce any documents to support his claim.

Tim says he plans to sue his ex-wife and several others for telling the media he was lying.

We asked Tim for ANY hard proof to back his claims -- he gave us nothing, saying he can't release pics or documents for legal reasons. So we gotta ask ...

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Thestuddererrrr...

What t t t a Llll oosserr... LOL!!!!

Bob M

Why make fun of his stutter? I stuttered and prob still do a little, at 19 I overdosed because people picked on me so badly and i thought it would hold me back, stuttering is really hard to live with; criticize his actions but this headline is mean folks

Timothy Ritchey

Timothy Poe should be punished for lying. I hope Fox barrs him from the show. The clown should go to jail for his actions. I fell for his lies and was really moved, all in vain. Few humans could survive a direct hit from a RPG, I should have known better.

Bob M

_______

greg

I hope he can prove he is telling the truth so that all of you people that are so quick to judge can eat crow. That's one of the problems in this world, people are too quick to judge and that causes a lot of hurt, heartache and problems. You have remember that no matter what a military friend might say, the covernment does do a lot of covering up. My opinion, Greg.

Melanie

Looking back on the AGT video clips, he didn't even stutter much outside his act on stage. Now, I'm not going to flat out say he's lying. His story still could be true. But it's not that hard to offer proof. Isn't there some story about how he really did sing before his supposed accident? If that has been proven, then that is flat out proof that he's lied at least a bit...so it's hard to believe all of it. But even Nick Cannon after the stage bit during the backstage interview said something along the lines of, "in all those sentences just now you didn't stutter one bit!" Maybe he doesn't stutter when he's excited? No idea. But it all seems awfully fishy. That being said, I've seen plenty of reports of how the military didn't do things properly. So it's entirely possible Poe's story is legit. Just offer proof.

HEATHER

It's complete BS. Especially the picture!! I have known Norman Bone for over 15 years. I was one of the first to see that picture when it was taken 6 years ago!!

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12