Stuttering 'AGT' Contestant

I'm Not a F-F-F-FRAUD!

6/6/2012 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0606_timothy_poe_afghanistan
Timothy Poe
-- the stuttering "America's Got Talent" contestant who says he developed his speech impediment from a war injury in Afghanistan -- is firing back at allegations he made up the whole thing ... telling TMZ, his injury and stutter are 100% legit.

Poe's audition aired Monday night -- the singer told the judges about a 2009 incident when he sustained serious injuries during an RPG blast in Afghanistan.

Poe spoke with a pronounced stutter during the audition -- which he claims he developed as a result of his war injuries.

But reports surfaced yesterday that the singing veteran was full of crap -- because no such RPG injuries were ever reported.

Poe tells TMZ, the fact that there is no record of the incident is a common problem -- one that Poe says is endemic when it comes to reporting soldiers' injuries in Afghanistan.

We asked Tim to prove it really happened.  He said he received treatment at a military medical facility in Afghanistan before being transferred to a medical center in Landstuhl, Germany. Tim says he was then transferred to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.  He did not produce any documents to support his claim.

Tim says he plans to sue his ex-wife and several others for telling the media he was lying.

We asked Tim for ANY hard proof to back his claims -- he gave us nothing, saying he can't release pics or documents for legal reasons. So we gotta ask ...

Mike

I thought he said it was a grenade? Not an RPG?

jdcole72

The stutter seemed hit and miss. I've seen The King's Speech like 5 times. But he did his homework because he knows the MEDEVAC routes out of Afghanistan. He is correct about the loss of records, in theater, following treatment for injuries. Especially with the National Guard and the lack of leadership and accountability with casualities. At Walter Reed, many States would lose track of their soldiers that were evacuated from the front lines and ended up in various medical treatment facilities throughout the country. Paperwork is inaccurate, ask any Vietnam veteran that was not in Vietnam. Arlington can't even bury the right body in a grave. Also, someone above Poe had to put him in for a Purple Heart, which it sounds no one was looking out for him. There is a lot more to this story. I like Carriss comments. People just need to watch the show and be entertained for an hour and eat your dinner. NBC knows what they are doing, let him act the part, it is television, and the fine print says just that...for entertainment purposes only. He isn't there for the truth. Next week the ratings will be up 30% and NBC will smile while Poe hides in shame. God bless America Got Talent. F***ing network television.

purecountry

What is wrong with you people , all this hate and Jealous crap. I thank all our men for service in the army. It may take some time for his records to show up but then again you have no right to ask him his medical records it is against the law. Get smart.

purecountry

Hi dudes, feeling a little Jealous uh, ya I thought so. I just wont to thank you Tim Poe for making America a safer place for me and my family so, thank you so much and all of our boys that are fighting. And for the jerks here being , well jerks kiss off. You wish you were Tim Poe.

c. evans

What up dudes , a little jealous, ya thought so. you go Tim Poe and thank you for making my state a safer place to live.

fritz

Here is link to a radio interview with Tim Poe-ser: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/youserved/2012/06/06/interview-with-tim-poe
When asked why nobody from his unit was coming forward to backup his story, hev said he "only knew two or three guys" and he couldn't remember their names, Right... and he didn't have access to a recall roster or anything to refresh his memory.
I'm gullible, but not falling for this one.

fritz

I forgot to tell my unit that I saved several of them from a grenade explosion, but I am going to submit a dd-215 to correct that.

Here is a link to a website with hundreds of hero wannabes.

Scroll down for the latest entry to the Hall of Shame.

Savvy1

Oh how I pray this isnt true!! I'm going to reserve judgement until there is some proof. As a wife of a reservist I just hate to think one of our own would disgrace himself and the uniform for an audition on a talent show.

Rhonda C. Poynter

Huluplus is quoting his ex-wife as saying that she caught Tim cheating on her in 1991 - but the AGT site says that Tim is 35...that means that he was 14 and married? Nothing seems to be right when it comes to dates, etc. on this man, and I think he'll probably knock Tan Mom off the links for a few days while someone digs out the truth.

Fellow Soldier

So I knew him personally and honestly his story isa straight up fraud. Because of my job I cannot divulge his actual problems but he did not sustain a blast in afghanistan nor does he have a stutter. As one of the NCO's who worked in the WTB with him I can tell you it is all a lie.

Laura B

No one knows the truth except for him. So, he is the only one that can prove his story is true.......which, I believe, any one who knows in their heart that they are truly being honest would want to do - especially being in a spotlight like this.

Katash74

You do realize that the photo you show is NOT of SGT Poe? It is of a friend of mine. http://www.defense.gov/photos/newsphoto.aspx?newsphotoid=8541

CriticXtreme

What happened to fffffffff-ffffact checking?? And the military does not have to disclose everything about you. As I've said before, it amazes me how a fake show is calling someone they pumped up for ratings a fraud. The true stars of this and other fakes shows are the production company, tv stations, advertisers, investors and hosts. And you're right Lionel Ducote, it is the Officers who like and not the enlisted men.

hueydoc

ATTENTION PLEASE! TMZ is not the only news agency reporting this. TMZ is mearely one of several reporting it. the Minnesota Army National Guard also released a statement denying his clains.

Kelly

The photo that's labeled "Tim in Afghanistan" in this TMZ article is really Norman Bone. Just another phony detail in Tim Poe's web of lies.