Jim Carrey

Calls Out Jenny McCarthy

For TRASHING Him

6/6/2012 11:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0606_jim_carrey_jenny_mccarthy
Jim Carrey
has lashed out at his former GF Jenny McCarthy for ragging on him for not keeping a relationship with her autistic son.

Carrey says, "I will always do what I believe is in the best interest of Evan's well being. It's unfortunate that Evan's privacy is not being considered.  I love Evan very much and will miss him always."

Jenny went after Carrey on Howard Stern's show, saying, "I've tried to ask [Jim] numerous times [to see Evan], because my son still asks." Jenny says Jim -- who was in a 5-year relationship with her -- refuses to see the boy.

But a source close to Jim tells us, Jenny has NEVER personally contacted him about seeing her son.

As for Jenny's timing -- sources close to Jim think it's strangely coincidental Jenny is making these accusations right when her new dating show is premiering ... two years after she and Jim broke up.

It's pretty clear from Jim's statement that he acknowledges he doesn't see the boy, though he does not explain why. Obviously, it's possible Jim has been told it would be harmful to the boy if he comes in and out of his life, although we don't know why he's made that decision.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Lovejac23

You, Jenny are an horses azz for bringing your son to public light with personal issues. I'm really disappointed you would go so low to TRY to tarnish Jim's character and reputation. You two have been broken up for 2 years now? My word. I wish you the best of luck with Urlacher. I'm sure in time we'll all see what a wonderful father figure he is---untill you break up with him.

Mary

She can not possibly be serious ! If anything any future boyfriends that get involved with her LOOK OUT. How could she possibly think it was healthy for her son to remain actively involved with her ex-boyfriend. I know that common sense is really not that common but is it really healthy for ex-s to coming knocking at the door if she was involved with other men. How many Uncles does she want in her son's life. Seems to me she is needing some immediate psychological sessions for herself to let go and put a closure to her past relationship with Jim and NOT to get her son involved.

blssme

She has a new show, she knows no one is going to talk about her unless Jim Carrey's name is in the headline.

Sandra

Did'nt Jenny 1.break up with him 2. claim that her autistic sons autisium was in remission(did not know that could happen but great if it can). 3 Jim is not the father so why should he keep in contact with him (or her) witch I believe is the problem not that he does not keep in contact with her son. She should feel blessed because a lot of men and women would have dropped them if they had a child and especially a special needs child!

Whatever!

I actually listened to this interview. Everyone is twisting the way things were said around. Jenny was asked if Jim and her son had developed a strong relationship during the time that they dated and if her little boy ever asks about Jim. She said Yes, at least once a week. When asked if she tries to contact Jim to come visit Evan. She said that she hasn't personally talked to Jim but has went through the chain to try and get to him but isn't even aware if it ever even reaches him. She didn't say one bad thing about him during that interview. People need to get their facts straight before they BLOW BS. I am not a fan of her, but I have to give credit where credit is due. She was perfectly proper in respecting him.

Vin Man!

if woody had gone straight to the police this would never have happened!

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11