Jim Carrey

Calls Out Jenny McCarthy

For TRASHING Him

6/6/2012 11:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0606_jim_carrey_jenny_mccarthy
Jim Carrey
has lashed out at his former GF Jenny McCarthy for ragging on him for not keeping a relationship with her autistic son.

Carrey says, "I will always do what I believe is in the best interest of Evan's well being. It's unfortunate that Evan's privacy is not being considered.  I love Evan very much and will miss him always."

Jenny went after Carrey on Howard Stern's show, saying, "I've tried to ask [Jim] numerous times [to see Evan], because my son still asks." Jenny says Jim -- who was in a 5-year relationship with her -- refuses to see the boy.

But a source close to Jim tells us, Jenny has NEVER personally contacted him about seeing her son.

As for Jenny's timing -- sources close to Jim think it's strangely coincidental Jenny is making these accusations right when her new dating show is premiering ... two years after she and Jim broke up.

It's pretty clear from Jim's statement that he acknowledges he doesn't see the boy, though he does not explain why. Obviously, it's possible Jim has been told it would be harmful to the boy if he comes in and out of his life, although we don't know why he's made that decision.

Joey

SHE IS A BIG FAME WHORE AND SHOULD NOT PUBLICLY DRAG HER CHILD IN TO THIS MESS

static

She's just exploiting the kid, there was doubt as to whether he even really has autism.

Ashlyn

I understand all sides of this. Yes, I understand he's an ex and doesn't have any obligations to visit but when children and adults gain a special bond over a long period of time, it's hard when that person just goes away, regardless of why. Like I said, I understand all sides. I understand why Jim doesn't want to just come in and out of his life at random times because that's not healthy for the child. Especially a child with Autism. I also understand Jenny being upset because her child is hurting. She should have talked to Jim personally about this, not say it on a radio show. I like both Jenny and Jim so I hope everything works out for the best.

brett

Plus didn't Jenny "genius" McCarthhy saw Jim "cured" her austic son by being around him, guess that cure wasn't powerful enough. Or it is just more bad information Ms. McCarthy likes to pass around

brett

SINMONSTIX, um its not his kid and she broke up with him, why would anyone want to hang around especially if there was obvious bad blood betweent he,

brett

Um Jim Carrey isn't the father of the child and they broke up. Why would he have to keep seeing him, especially since you have to hang around with an ex. He's got his own kids (and grandkid) to deal with and he doesn't have to stick around just because the kid likes him. If he was so good for him, don't break up with the guy. Now go make statements about Autism that don't have any scientific backing and bring illnesses like Whooping Cough, measles, mumps, and rubella back into our society after we had them mostly eradicated, thanks Jennifer, we should all trust your opinion

Joey

JENNY IS DATING THE CHICAGO BEARS BRIAN URLACHER. WHY NOT GET HIM INVOLVED IN TEH RELATIONSHI WITH HER SON

MoonLight

Jenny is out of line. Jim is NOT Evan's biological dad. He is not obligated to maintain a relationship with him after their break-up. Where is Evan's REAL dad? Shouldn't Jenny be on him, not Jim??

Nicole

Jim Carrey was very public in being his father. Whether they were married or not, they were on tv calling each other wife and husband.

Shame on him for not being in Evan's life. It breaks my heart. I don't agree with Jenny taking this public, but now this child who already has severe challenges has just been ditched by ANOTHER father.

Carriss

Jim Carrey has kids of his own, and Evan is not one of them. Why would he want to see this kid if it's not his? And why would Jenny want to make this so public and also encourage her son to be confused about the situation? He's Autistic, he's needs a certain level of stability, not a man running in and out of his life, much like many of her other boyfriends do. Maybe she should focus on her kid, rather that what her ex-boyfriends aren't doing for him.

Beach

Jenny is wrong here. For Jim to stay in touch with an Ex GFs kid after she has dumped him is stupid.

Amy

Jenny McCarthy is a witch for calling him out like that. The thing is single parents date all the time in this country..it doesn't last and people move on....Jim never married her and was never this child's step father...seems like she wants contact with him more for herself then the kid. Shaming him in the media is not going to get her what she wants

Skeptical

Jim seems to be on the right side of this issue as far as I can tell. It is in very poor taste and judgment for Jenny to discuss this sort of thing publicly, and try to garner sympathy for herself on the back of her child. And for her to try and make it seem like Jim doesn't even care? Come on. I was in a long term relationship with a woman with a son, too. When we parted ways, losing him from my life was almost more heartbreaking than losing her. Jim hurts too, but it is probably just easier and less damaging in the long run this way. Where is this kid's father, anyway?

BigBoyBC

Their son is still Autistic? I thought Jenny was out there shilling for some "Doctor" who cured her son of Autism. Made him poop out yeast and he was cured.

McCarthy is nuts.

Raejean

This is very personal and shouldn't be used by McCarthy to keep her hooks in. It is her responsibility to help the child understand that Carrey was a boyfriend and not his father, and maybe understand that it is painful for Carrey, as well.