Jim Carrey

Calls Out Jenny McCarthy

For TRASHING Him

6/6/2012 11:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0606_jim_carrey_jenny_mccarthy
Jim Carrey
has lashed out at his former GF Jenny McCarthy for ragging on him for not keeping a relationship with her autistic son.

Carrey says, "I will always do what I believe is in the best interest of Evan's well being. It's unfortunate that Evan's privacy is not being considered.  I love Evan very much and will miss him always."

Jenny went after Carrey on Howard Stern's show, saying, "I've tried to ask [Jim] numerous times [to see Evan], because my son still asks." Jenny says Jim -- who was in a 5-year relationship with her -- refuses to see the boy.

But a source close to Jim tells us, Jenny has NEVER personally contacted him about seeing her son.

As for Jenny's timing -- sources close to Jim think it's strangely coincidental Jenny is making these accusations right when her new dating show is premiering ... two years after she and Jim broke up.

It's pretty clear from Jim's statement that he acknowledges he doesn't see the boy, though he does not explain why. Obviously, it's possible Jim has been told it would be harmful to the boy if he comes in and out of his life, although we don't know why he's made that decision.

Bettsie

Jenny son is not Jim 's child and I'm sure he cared for the boy. So he didn't marry her, well maybe he didnt' want to . Jim is our Canadian hero. The best comedian on the face of the earth. go get lost jenny..

CriticXtreme

This is why you never ever date, bang or marry a broad with a kid or kid(s). Especially, weights who are "touched". Jim Carrey, also finally done something by following man rules. Once I'm the relationship ends and I'm out, I'm done with everyone.

Jody

I hate to tell her, but Jim isn't required to continue contact with her son. It is probably entirely too uncomfortable for him to have to continually see Jenny, so he just broke off contact. I know it must be hard for Evan, but let's face it, this isn't going to be her last breakup, so he better cowboy up.

backfire

In all fairness, when they were together Jim showered her son with attention and went on every talk show to promote interest in autism but I would think after a breakup it isn't a boyfriend's responsibility to adopt your kid and be responsible for keeping up the relationship. Thats what a parent does.

tellmeaboutit

Isn't anything private to that woman?? She's such a cheap trick.

Lexi

I understand he is not the father, but I'm sure he had some sort of fatherly relationship with the boy for 5 years. Its weird that the relationship ended and it was like goodbye to you, too. It would make whatever relationship that was kinda fake to me. I know plenty of people who have dated people for a long time with kids. They still say if you ever need me, I'm here with you. He broke up with the mother, not the kid. When they broke up, they made it seem rosy. All of the sudden, I guess it wasn't as rosy as we would have thought.

wow ew

In the meantime I'm wondering... : Where's the child's father?

bunny

Jim needs her to call him and ask him to see her son after he saw the boy for 5 years and had a close relationship with him? No, Jim needs to contact her, not the other way around. He clearly never loved the child.

Mary

Ummmm doesn't this kid have a father?

enzo21

She's using her kid to get her name back in the media for her upcoming show. That's really too bad. And if it is true
its personal and she should not be airing those matters and especially when it involves her child.

Jeanie Texas

It may not seem so cool but sorry honey when you look back at the trash Heep of x-lovers your son will eventually be dropped of the list of must sees. There are so many hours in the day and if you want a steady male relationship in your son's life then You Need To Pick A Good Guy and Stay With Him.

JediBeavis

This is ridiculous! Jenny was on THSS to promote her new show! So saying that it's "strangely coincidental Jenny is making these accusations right when her new dating show is premiering" is stupid! Howard asked her about it, she didn't go on there shouting this info. And she specifically said she didn't talk to Jim about it, she went through channels. Why is this a story?

Jennifer Rodriguez

I don't think that jim would have a black heart towards a child with a disability. He's too nice. Personally I think that jenny is just being a BITCH!

mellish619@hotmail.co.uk

His Jenny real she ended the relationship does the childs own bio father have contact with him.nothing has been said about him.I believe she should be intouch with him and not Jim that would be fitting

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

"I love Evan very much and will miss him always."" or the Translation which means "man I'm I glad I don't have to support that disabled kid all his life, my millions won't last forever, I ain't it wasting it on THAT when I told her to get an abortion" Guaranteed that's what's going through HIS head. He's a total lib, I'm surprised that child made it to term with him around.... he can be funny but again, he's a MOwood liberal which means to me capable of anything at any moment, especially the way he acts. In most of the world history through maybe 10 years ago 99% of the population acting like he has and does through the years would be considered a mental illness.