Ex-Fleetwood Mac Member

Commits Suicide

6/7/2012 2:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0607_bob_welch_fleetwood_mac
A former member of the iconic rock band Fleetwood Mac was found dead at his Nashville home today after shooting himself -- this according to Nashville Police.

66-year-old Bob Welch's body was found by his wife around noon. According to police, Bob shot himself in the chest.

Police say Welch -- who had health issues recently -- left a suicide note.

Welch was a guitarist and vocalist for Fleetwood Mac from 1971 to 1974. He formed the British rock group Paris in 1976, and had hits including "Sentimental Lady" and "Ebony Eyes."

Mick Kahler

I first knew of Bob Welch from his post-Fleetwood Mac days. "Sentimental Lady", "Ebony Eyes", "Precious Love" and other songs that were great to listen to. In his solo work he always had the hottest models in pics with him. Bob was kind of a precursor to Robert Palmer in that respect. Sorry to learn of his death, God Bless!

StoopidHead

This stinks. French Kiss is one of my favorite albums. Now why is Wikipedia still showing him as living. Some cellar bound geek is asleep at the wheel.

Dino

Classic acts Musicians are leaving us this year ... Whitney Houston, Donna Summer, Bee Gees Brother & now this one ... Very sad !

Woot

Very sad, very sad. All my best to his family and friends. Rest in peace, sir. :o(

Alyssa

Pretty selfish to leave your friends and loved ones in so much pain.

IceGypsy

I feel so bad for his wife. I can't imagine coming home to find something like that. Hopefully she is surrounded by a lot of good people. She will need the support.

Whatever

Not bothering to read the other comments because I expect many to be snark or cruel or unintelligible, let me say that Bob Welch was a GREAT singer and when his songs came on the radio, post Fleetwood Mac, I listened. Soft, soothing, sexy voice, great guitar playing, he was another one of those "epitome" of fun and enjoyable 1970s singers. I am so sorry he was in such anguish that he took his own life. Thanks for the Fleetwood Mac days, but more importantly for everything after that: Go buy 'French Kiss' today!

It's Dave

This truly saddens me. Condolences to Bob's family and friends.

Kathy Myers

Love this Show, thank You.

wendy466311

rip bob... your pain free and with some very good company now.. .prayers to the family...

nisiek

two great songs...the one about the UFO's (Hypnotized) and Sentimental Lady...I actually saw him in concert in the 1970's....loved Sentimental Lady....what another great song, great memories attached to that one.

Jay W.

Depression stinks... RIP Bob.

wendy466311

rip bob...you are now pain free and with some very good company in rock n roll heaven...much loved... prayers to family and friends...

Jackazz flatts