« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Ochocinco

DROPPED from Patriots

6/7/2012 1:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0607_chad_ochocinco_AP_01
Chad Ochocinco
is officially unemployed -- because the New England Patriots just released the famous wide receiver.

According to reports, the Pats spent all day today trying to trade Ocho ... but failed -- and have decided to release him instead. Ocho will now become a free agent.

34-year-old Ocho parted with the Bengals in 2011 -- after a ten-year relationship -- and was traded to the Pats last July.

Ocho caught just 15 passes for 276 yards and a touchdown in his only season with the New England franchise. He was paid a reported $5.75 million for his troubles.

Chad just tweeted, "Thoroughly enjoyed the oppurtunity to play for the 'Patriot' organization ... fans were f****** wicked awesome, I wish all of you the best."

And talk about rubbing salt in the wound -- Chad's fiancee Evelyn Lozada just tweeted, "Aww baby you got cut @ochocinco I got your back! I'm the bread winner now, which means I make the rules!"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Tye

That's the end of him & his HOODBOOGER evelyn.

dj

he still plays?? i wonder what this guy will do for attention now, since he's washed up. hopefully he changes his name back to johnson. please don't come to the 49ers!

ITUS

COME TO 49ERS...WE WINNING SUPER BOWL

Eddie

Guy oozes class, doesn't he? How much did 'Ocho' pay his new Patriot teammate last year, just so he could have his blankie, I mean #85 jersey? Maybe shoulda concentrated instead on making real contributions to his team. 15 receptions, 276 yards, 1 TD...WHAT A JOKE. Evelyn, dump him. Hook up with Pilar Sanders and sell us horny men the video we are all dying to see!!

Dietra

Better hurry up and get you another job Chad,preferably in the NFL before Evelyn drops you too, because you know all she like is athletes. She's the type of woman that's not loyal, she goes where the money is.

buzz kill

I guess his fiancee will have to wait till tomorrow to drop him.

StoopidHead

As a resident of the Boston football market, I say GOOD RIDDANCE!!

Lisa

Joking or not Evelyn shouldn't have said that about her future husband on twitter. Especially considering everything he's going through. Hey it's not my place to say anything, he picked her, I didn't!

jason

Chad be happy you're out of there. Those guys take themselves way to seriously. Any team overly built around a single QB and his moods, is a team you don't want to be on.

RODNEYCHAVIS2

CHAD DONT WORRIED U GOING TO BE ON A TEAM MIGHT OR GO TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP I FEEL THAT U ND A GD TEAM JETS COLTS DENVER

christy

Ha! BS he lost his job because the owners of these teams are tired of all the REALITY TV drama and women they are connected to. All they want are these men to come to work and do their job! blame is on your mean girl!!

bubblezzz

Oh well...maybe I'm the minority but I like the lil arrogant Chad! He's feeds the hungry and he's going to give Evelyn just what she deserves! Dogged! LOL

Linda3223

oh well, I guess he will really be marry Evelyn 4 her lil money she got, now chad and t.o. can figure out how they really going to get some money with there conceeded asses

feelicks

ocho's boyfriend evelyn is gonna get ghetto on his ass..

Tiffany

Which means his fiancee, Evelyn Lozada, is about to drop him as well.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments