Lauryn Hill

Charged with Being

Federal Tax ReFUGEE

6/7/2012 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0607_lauryn_hill_getty_launchLauryn Hill is severely miseducated on filing tax returns -- at least according to the feds who are accusing her of skipping out on 3 years of returns ... when she earned more than $1.8 million.

Hill was charged this morning, in Federal Court in New Jersey, with failing to file federal tax returns in 2005, 2006 and 2007.  She could get up to one year in prison for each count and $300,000 in fines.

Hill is scheduled to appear in court on June 29.

0423_celebrity_tax_problems_footer

Cricket

You're rich, pay your ****! If we have to, you certainly do. Too many celebrities think they are above the rules. If you don't want to pay, get the hell out of the country.

Nancy

I will NEVER understand why celebrities feel that they don't have to pay taxes?! WHAT IS THAT? I hope there are huge fines attached to each offense. LOL. They deserve every punishment inferred.

Jackazz flatts

Another elite Hollyweird ghetto gopher trying to duck Uncle Sam. Put the Ho in a woodchipper

annie2

Do celebrities not remember what happened to Wesley Snipes?? I DO believe (and I usually don't pull the 'race' card) but I think he got prison because of his race. Where was the outrage and prison sentences for Nic Cage? the Osbournes? and so many others? She's an idiot.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

The way she dresses and applies her makeup she can always join The Circus for extra income.

fadedone

Killing me softly.. with his fines, taking my whole life, with his bills, killing me softly.....with his bills

ryan

serves this racist right.

ryan

serves the racist right!!!

Steveo

How freaking stoopid does someone have to be to not understand that taxes need to be paid on income?

Bobby Dee

What is it with blacks and their total unwillingness to pay taxes? Sure, we have Nick Cage, but the blacks have so many more like this. If they really thought about it, they'd pay MORE than they should so as to make up for all the leeches and parasites in their community.

Litttle Bobby Ronzio

Send her to Rhode Island. me and my crew will shake her down for money

CREE76

SHE IS NOT A RACIST! AND WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL EITHER WAY THE GOVERNMENT WILL GET THERE MONEY ...A FEW YEARS SKIPPED CAN'T HURT NOBODY SCREW THE SYSTEM.

Loveandhappiness

She does not hate white people. A caller had called Howard Stern (which honestly is not reliable information anyway) and said on-air that he heard Lauryn Hill was racist. That whole line has damaged her image. She has publicly refuted this for over a decade now. She is not racist nor has she ever been racist. Her music is preaching love and understanding not inequility. Do people seriously believe everything here? Especially a rumor from 1998?

bankoftheplanetearthdotcom

says I do not know who Lauren Hill is but if she is not paying taxes then that is a good way to drain the US of its power over their debtor-slaves - just say no to taxes, income and/or property texes. Until the new government is in power and I AM declared The Dept. of Peace. then all taxes go to kill other people and is murderous and treasonous to humanity.
I want dedicated female single sexy secretaries swallowers (S.S.S.S) & credit, not Federal Reserve Note fake money, get th@ straight.

Kayla

The reason she is going to jail and Lindsay is not???

She PAID the IRS instead of using the money on a good lawyer. Lindsay on the other hand....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2