Lauryn Hill

Charged with Being

Federal Tax ReFUGEE

6/7/2012 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0607_lauryn_hill_getty_launchLauryn Hill is severely miseducated on filing tax returns -- at least according to the feds who are accusing her of skipping out on 3 years of returns ... when she earned more than $1.8 million.

Hill was charged this morning, in Federal Court in New Jersey, with failing to file federal tax returns in 2005, 2006 and 2007.  She could get up to one year in prison for each count and $300,000 in fines.

Hill is scheduled to appear in court on June 29.

0423_celebrity_tax_problems_footer

Buckaroobonzai

hahaha... Hate lauren hill! she is raising Rohan Marleys thug kids and she is a skank with 5 kids from 3 dif guys. wish she would fade away!

Taxman

Why do black celebrities have so much trouble filing their returns? Let this be a warning, the Taxman is coming after you!

CLINT

It drives me crazy when these rich idiots don't pay their taxes. ost of you and I have to and I'm sure we make far less than her. I get that she has like half a dozen kids to support, but who's fault is that?

DaveT

I liked Lauryn Hill in Sister Act 2, other than that I don't know anything about her.
I wouldn't pay my taxes either, if I could get away with it.
Most of it just goes into rich bureaucrat's pockets while our streets and bridges fall to pieces and our public services are anything but services and our public servants think they're the dictators and the citizens are their servants.

Andy

Good, this is what this racist gets. I truly hope your judge is white so she can complain how the white man is holding her down. I wonder if Vegas taking bets on how many days it's going to take before sharpton steps in and claims racism??? If so I'm going all in.

pat

If all of these deadbeat celebrities paid their taxes annually and on time, the state of California and the rest of the USA wouldn't be in the financial mess they're in.

How can California let what seems to be everybody skate on paying taxes.

jeff

She should have known. "You don't have to live like a refugee".

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Lauren Hill hates white people.

ShrinkWrap

If she weren't such a racist c*nt, I would feel bad for her.

Peaches the Writer

There is a serious lack of communication between many celebrities and their accountants.

Steve

This chick is a racist bitch, and deserves whatever comes her way. It's funny how we tolerate racism from blacks, but when roles are reversed it's horrible and we should hang the person that says it. Double standards all around.

lanie

Another Obama supporter who doesn't want to pay for Obama's socialism plan for America.. Gotta love these celebrity liberal hypocrites!

Barkingboy

Hope she gets a big white lesbian cell mate!!!!

KnuckleDragger

For a second there I thought that was Oprah -- 150 lbs lighter.

RD

Couldn't have happened to a worse person. Maybe she thinks she can treat the IRS like she does her 'fans'. You know, just do what you have to do when you feel like it. Hope she goes to prison for a long time.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments