'AGT' Fraud

Family is Getting

Death Threats

6/8/2012 7:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0608_timothy_poe_agt
The family of the stuttering veteran Timothy Poe who sang on "America's Got Talent" tell TMZ they have been receiving death threats since our stories revealed Poe is a fraud.

As we reported, Poe gave producers of "AGT" a photo which he claimed showed him in Afghanistan, but in reality the pic is of someone else. And Poe could produce no documentation to prove he suffered a debilitating brain injury in the war -- as he claimed on the show.

Poe's family tells us ... several family members have been getting death threats. We're told Poe's sister-in-law went to the store Thursday with her kids and someone came up to them and said, "We're going to kill you and the whole family."

Several family members have received phone calls. We're told Poe's fiancee answered the phone (after Poe's number was leaked on social media) and the caller said, "You made American vets look bad and now you're going to suffer."

And we're told another vet called to warn that he and others would be coming to Poe's house, so "watch out."

As for Poe himself, a family member says she fears he's suicidal. He hasn't left the house since the scandal broke, and he's been crying incessantly. One family member says Poe is suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

But ... we're told no one has called the cops about the threats.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

I Was About To Say

Only a FOOL thinks he won't get caught in such a lie.

CN

SHAME ON YOU, TMZ.
You did not break this story or do the initial research. Give credit where it is due. www.thisainthell.us
If he's suffering from post traumatic stress disorder it's probably not from his military service; HE created the stress by lying on national TV. How stupid to think he wouldn't get caught.

Redhead

I don't believe the sister-in-law either.

Amy

One not shocked if this is true...this guy is a lying POS. But he lies about EVERYTHING so yeah I am pretty sure he is lying to sympathy or attention ...I call BS

CC

Saying he sunk his own ship would be an understatement......
It amazes me people will put on a show of this magnitude without any thought being given that others will always check their performance. Pompous, arrogant, and stupid are words that come to mind to describe them.

Bad Dog

PTSD from being a dumbass? Thats a new one

Pudding Tang

so AGT is blaming everything on this poe little redneck

GeniusMachine

Hopefully, he will kill himself.

I Was About To Say

"crying incessantly"...sounds like more put on drama.

northern gypsy

crying incessantly indeed !!! how about manning up and apologizing to the war vets you've insulted...then withdrawing from the show because the party over pal take your guitar and disappear !!!

I Was About To Say

j-j-j-just d-d-d-drama th-that's a-a-a-all

WTF

Why didn't Howard know this guy was a fraud. Isn't he a God or something? Howard, you suck!

WhatsRight

I'm sure he's suffering Post Tramautic Stress Syndrome from being called out for BS. Should call it Post TMZ Stress Disorder. How anyone in the social media age thinks they can get away with something this big is clearly not the brightest bulb in the box.
REAL war vets have it bad enough, then to be exploited to win a crappy TV show. I hope Howard lets him have it (given the chance). If the guy were to perform again, I doubt the reception would be anything but X's and Boo's.
Shame on this guy, and shame on AGT for not bothering to do a background check on a guy like this. Reality TV my ass.

Jay W.

Why the hell would you want to pretend you have a debilitating brain injury ? This guy needs some serious counseling ! Death threats to his family are uncalled for.

Amy

To say this "person" has PTSD because of the fall out from his lies is even more disgusting then his other lies. There are real Soldiers every day dealing with PTSD, my husband being one of them and it is not a joke or something to be thrown around lightly. PTSD in soldiers has ruined their lives, marriages and yes has resulted in suicides. If I didn't despise this guy before, I definitely do now..I don't think he should get death threats but he should get his A$$ Kicked by someone!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments