'AGT' Fraud

Family is Getting

Death Threats

6/8/2012 7:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0608_timothy_poe_agt
The family of the stuttering veteran Timothy Poe who sang on "America's Got Talent" tell TMZ they have been receiving death threats since our stories revealed Poe is a fraud.

As we reported, Poe gave producers of "AGT" a photo which he claimed showed him in Afghanistan, but in reality the pic is of someone else. And Poe could produce no documentation to prove he suffered a debilitating brain injury in the war -- as he claimed on the show.

Poe's family tells us ... several family members have been getting death threats. We're told Poe's sister-in-law went to the store Thursday with her kids and someone came up to them and said, "We're going to kill you and the whole family."

Several family members have received phone calls. We're told Poe's fiancee answered the phone (after Poe's number was leaked on social media) and the caller said, "You made American vets look bad and now you're going to suffer."

And we're told another vet called to warn that he and others would be coming to Poe's house, so "watch out."

As for Poe himself, a family member says she fears he's suicidal. He hasn't left the house since the scandal broke, and he's been crying incessantly. One family member says Poe is suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

But ... we're told no one has called the cops about the threats.

4realzz

PTSD from an ear infection??? I'm sure someone came up the family in the store and said I'm going to kill your family. They're just trying to get sympathy for the **** Poe has created. They need to hang this guy by his balls outside Walter Reed for disgracing our wounded and fallen brothers and sisters!!!

SpitBall

All this proves is that he's a perfect candidate for America's next "Idol." Look who you idolize now. Case closed. Don;t worry, he'll be back with his book deal, sex tape and trancertainment record. America will sop it up.

tgkrato

This guy Poe should get kicked off of the show, and if his girl friend stays with him she is a fool, because everywere they go people will know them for being a disgrace to our Veterans and their familys. I think it is a pile of BS when he said he did not think he would see his daughter walk down the isle, or his son growing up. Bottom line his kids probably don't want anything to do with their dad now because he is a disgrace and a liar. He is a good singer, but he is a LOW-LIFE and he just screwed himself. He just should of went on the show and tell everyone who he is and sing and leave it all up to the judges.

Jay

This guy is a piece of sh*t and he is getting the humiliation he deserves. With that said though people should not be threatning his family and children.

tgkrato

I can't beleave people are sending death threats to his family. It just makes the people sending then lower then Timothy Poe. I hope everyone sending the death threats to his family gets caught and get's locked up those people are IDIOTS.

STFUP

If he's not lying, he needs to produce some official paperwork NOW.
Otherwise, he deserves EVERY bit of the grief he's feeling for LYING to the American public. We will NEVER tolerate people who pretend they are war heroes to gain sympathy.

Anna

People take things too seriously... I can't believe people are so asinine to threaten someone like this. I hate reality shows, dancing shows, singing shows, or any other type of talent shows. It is never about the person's true talent. Maybe some of these shows should check up on stories BEFORE they put them on air for the ratings and then find out they screwed up. The world is going to hell in a hand basket because people take this stuff too seriously and want to kill someone over nothing. RIDICULOUS!!!!

craig

start singing the blues on next weeks AGT ahole.Your the modern day boy that cried wolf

Justin

I hope he does off himself. 1 less idiot in the world.

CelebJustice

He's suffering from "I'm a POS liar that got caught" syndrome. What a disgrace.

shewentwhoa

alright, I get everyone is pissed at him. (I am too) But doing death threats in person in front of children really urks me. That it something you shouldn't do.
But he gets whats coming to him.

Kelly

Of course death threats cross the line, but ultimately Poe brought this all on himself.

Phreaky

This is going to happen more and more as the years go on. Men who want sympathy are a dime a dozen and it will be too easy to sit next to someone in a bar and say "I was injured in the war" because deep down they feel like failures for not serving in the military, or only being stateside, it insults their manhood. I've already heard it happen myself and I bet it just keeps going.

Kari

He should be crying--he made a jackass out of himself, in a very public way. And he owes every veteran and military person an apology. As for the suicide threat--just another way he's trying to get people to feel sorry for him.

Jessiebanks

I am so relieved to find out that my suspicion that he was faking the stutter was correct. I felt guilty thinking it, but I said it to everyone in the room I was watching with. 'whew'