'AGT' Fraud

Family is Getting

Death Threats

6/8/2012 7:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0608_timothy_poe_agt
The family of the stuttering veteran Timothy Poe who sang on "America's Got Talent" tell TMZ they have been receiving death threats since our stories revealed Poe is a fraud.

As we reported, Poe gave producers of "AGT" a photo which he claimed showed him in Afghanistan, but in reality the pic is of someone else. And Poe could produce no documentation to prove he suffered a debilitating brain injury in the war -- as he claimed on the show.

Poe's family tells us ... several family members have been getting death threats. We're told Poe's sister-in-law went to the store Thursday with her kids and someone came up to them and said, "We're going to kill you and the whole family."

Several family members have received phone calls. We're told Poe's fiancee answered the phone (after Poe's number was leaked on social media) and the caller said, "You made American vets look bad and now you're going to suffer."

And we're told another vet called to warn that he and others would be coming to Poe's house, so "watch out."

As for Poe himself, a family member says she fears he's suicidal. He hasn't left the house since the scandal broke, and he's been crying incessantly. One family member says Poe is suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

But ... we're told no one has called the cops about the threats.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

bunny

We're supposed to care he's suicidal after lying to America? He also tossed in how he jumped on top of all the others as the blast happened which honestly made me start to think "yeah right, don't overdo it." His family deserves death threats since they decided to go along with this story. There's a whole lot of war heros out there that don't even tell their real stories because they aren't attention whores like this fake. Also the picture didn't look like him and AGT should have figured it out when it's up and he's standing by it.

david

oh so he thinks studdering is funny and exploitable? let me tell you something poe and your name fits you well..millions of Americans suffer from the humiliating thing called studdering and it isnt fun or funny. many people have to go through their whole life stuffering.. in school.. at work.. everything.. its even a reason for employers to not hire you... your a bastard and you have made ALOT of enemys.. do us a favor and kill yourself you horrible person

hazeleyes946

Ok, I know I'm bias. I was in Iraq in 2004, and I really, really wanted the guy to be telling the truth. Sometimes people do get hurt over there, it's not reported, or if u returned fire not witnessed by a snco or officer, so you can't get a c.a.r. When u get back to the states u have to fill out this medical debriefing form Which asks if u were shot at, mortated, saw a dead body, touched blood, etc. We were all told not today yes to anything, even the people who had c.a.r.s, which is any oxymoron. Our CO said to say no because if u say yes to anything u were mandated to go see the base shrink for 3-6 months, u couldn't touch your weapon, or drive a military vehicle (and that was our job) In essence, you were useless ifbu said yes. What sucked for many hits in my unit was when they got out they were denied most of their VA claims because of that form. One guy I knew had a cam corset he put on the dash of the 7 ton and duct taped it do it would move during the convoy, his convoy got ambushed, Marines died, and my friend was even hurt (he broke a couple fingers dropping out of the 7 ton to return fire). His fingers were never set right, now he has debilitating arthritis and he can't claim it because he had to write he was never injured. All of us mentioned this to the VA what our CO did, but they think we ate all lying, I keep I'm contact with them.

Since the paperwork looks like he not accurate, I have one last theory in hopes he is telling the truth. Perhaps he was mortared or saw action, developed PTSD and he really thinks he is telling the truth.

PS when it comes to paperwork and the military don't always believe the military. When u get back to the states you have to fill out this form at medical which asks a bunch of survey questions. My SSgt told us what to write. It asked things like we're u mortared or fire uponed, did u see a dead body, etc. if you said yes, you had to go see the base shrink which marines refer to as "the wizard". Our SSgt told us not to admit anything because it would take us away from the motor pool for appointments, then you would be called "sick call commando". When I got our, and I tried claiming PTSD due to very vivid night mares, panic attacks in large crowds when I didn't before and stuff, the VA reminded me on my paperwork or said that I claimed never to have been mortared or seen a dead body. I was a motor transport driver, I saw lots of Iraq. I drove the grunts to the villages, I plainly saw a lot of stuff, but n

Kory

LOL! This is all probably 100% fabricated as well…..screw this guy and his dumb family.

Tracey

Cause making death threats is NOT crazier than making up the story for tv.

The Whim

He didn't stutter during his song and he sure didn't stutter at all backstage with Nick Cannon. Lying about military service is about as scuzzy as it gets. He sang fine. Why did he have to mount a campaign of b.s. then? Probably male Munchausen's Syndrome.

nikkireps

all of a sudden, he's got PTSD, too? kinda hard to believe him or fis family after all this. smh if theyre getting all these threats, seems theyd call the cops, NOT THE MEDIA!!! jmo tho.

Thekid115

When people kill you......they dont tell you about it first

Ginger Pail

Just like Octomom,all lies, or if not outright lies they are exaggerating the threat level. If I got death threats believe me I'd call the police.as would most normal adults.

An insult to vets everywhere, and our true Wounded Warriors.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8