Will Smith

Raps Again for Awesome

SUMMERTIME Remix!!!

6/8/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

060712_smith_audio_launch
We guarantee Will Smith is about to make your head bob, because he's re-recorded the magical words -- "Here it is the groove slightly transformed" ... yes, it's for a remix of "Summertime."

TMZ obtained a snippet of Big Willie's return to the rap game -- one minute and ten seconds of awesomeness that he laid down to intro "Summertime 3" ... a new mixtape by DJ Jazzy Jeff and Mick Boogie.

The track will be available for download on June 11.

We're told Will the Fresh Prince was amped to record the all new, smoothed out version of the 1991 classic. He and Jeff are still tight even though they haven't done a CD together since 1993.

060712_will_smith_music_video_launch
You know you're bobbing your head right now.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

I just don't get what the skill is with this rapping. They don't play instruments, I do, I play 3 in my spare time, they really don't 'sing' I can and I bet you can... what's the deal? It's bullspit. Ray Charles is MUSIC, this is garbage for the dumbed down and stupid. Sorry, it is and even Will Smith can't 'dress it up'... he sounded to me like he rolled over in bed and rambled that off on the phone to someone... Brutal

JP

""""Awesome
SUMMERTIME Remix!!!"""""

Sounds like he just got out of bed. Awesome? Please!

Joe

This is like a sexual Summertime, more appropriate for after the club when you getting your freak on. Original is still the best.

Kevin

Will... it wasn't broke so don't try to fix it yeah?

I Was About To Say

Yuck, the original is better.

I Was About To Say

Heyyyyy, wait a second....that's NOT Will Smith singing...it's Jason Malachi!

bubblezzz

To piggy back on Cashmere...I ADORE the original "Summertime!" It was great then and it is now. Either way Will Smith is a Hit all by hs self so "Haters keep Hating!" Because Will will continue going to the bank cashing in on all your hate! LOL $$$$

Seriously wtf

Honestly, I didn't think it is very good. His voice sounds raspy or something. Also, it sounds like he is just reading the words - not feeling them.

Ricky Ogima

wow - what happened to his voice - he's buttering an all time classic song

yasmeen

are you kidding me?! original is better..no remix needed!

Ricky Ogima

Oh my gosh - what happened to his voice - they guy is butchering a classic hit - please tell the guy to stop

Dawn

Noooo! "If it ain't broke don't try to fix it!." Take your own advise Will and leave the song alone.

DaveT

That's smoooooth n groovay....yeah....feelin' it....uh huh.....yeah.....roll back in the seat.....feelin' mah groove....*snap*....bring in the bass..

MissEv

Clearly this is an early take but once they smooth it out it will be nice!

A fan

Couldn't watch it for long, my mind just didn't want to do back to the days when he was sporting that Bart Simpson hairdo.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments