Will Smith

Raps Again for Awesome

SUMMERTIME Remix!!!

6/8/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

060712_smith_audio_launch
We guarantee Will Smith is about to make your head bob, because he's re-recorded the magical words -- "Here it is the groove slightly transformed" ... yes, it's for a remix of "Summertime."

TMZ obtained a snippet of Big Willie's return to the rap game -- one minute and ten seconds of awesomeness that he laid down to intro "Summertime 3" ... a new mixtape by DJ Jazzy Jeff and Mick Boogie.

The track will be available for download on June 11.

We're told Will the Fresh Prince was amped to record the all new, smoothed out version of the 1991 classic. He and Jeff are still tight even though they haven't done a CD together since 1993.

060712_will_smith_music_video_launch
You know you're bobbing your head right now.

Ashlyn

Will is a good actor. He is NOT a good rapper. Well, I don't like his music anyway. And don't even get me started on his daughter's "singing."

Ashlyn

And I also have to say that I love the theme song to Fresh Prince. It's a fun song, but is it good as an actual rap song? No. His rapping is like bubble gum rap haha. (Instead of bubble gum pop) I like will but he should stick to acting.

sue

if it aint broke then dont try to fix it......

sue

if it aint broke then dont try to fix it....... luv the phlegm in your throat though......

Robert Bean

Are you F-ing kidding me. You just killed a decent song. Thanks Harvey

Luis Pacheco Jr

Big Will Still Got It And WTF Why He Did'nt Did Men In Black 3 Theme Song For It ... Pitbull Suck !

hollyhoodman

Stick to acting dude. You can't rap to save your life Smith. This is awful!

amitola76

I never knew Will Smith smoked until now...let sleeping dogs lie, Will!

amitola76

I never knew Will Smith smoked until now...let sleeping dogs lie, Will!

Shelby

That's bad. I like the original.

jkiiD

BEAT YOU TO IT WILL!!

OPMgZ - SUMMERTiME G-Mix

GUARANTEE YOU WILL LIKE IT!!

Nope

This is NOT a hit, sorry... Remix = miss.
Just not feeling it...

Stormy

I like Will Smith, he's a great actor and I liked his music back in the day, BUT I think the old saying "I hope he keeps his day job" totally applies in this situation!!

ARealSouljaMan

All he did was rap over the original Kool & The Gang, "Summer Madness" without changing the tempo or pitch... this snippet sounds like just an intro to the remix... Jeff ain't that wack & lazy on the beats;)

bunny

Did he just say Geah like Mc Eiht? Anyway, what was good about the original was the female. Now it sounds like we're supposed to smoke dope to it.... Not that there's a problem with that but it's just slow and deep voiced.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments