Lindsay Lohan Crash

Truck Driver Claims

Bribe Offered for Silence

6/9/2012 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0609_lohan_driver_video
The guy driving the giant truck that got rear ended by Lindsay Lohan Friday tells TMZ ... LiLo was trying to flee the scene and when he tried to stop her ... her people tried to buy his silence.

Lindsay was driving on the PCH yesterday when she collided with a semi-truck driven by James (we're leaving out his last name). Lohan was trailed by a Cadillac Escalade (which James refers to as a limousine) ... driven by someone connected with her Lifetime movie.

James tells TMZ after the accident, he called 911 as Lindsay and her male assistant got out of the Porsche and into the Escalade. James says the assistant picked up a pink bag, "filled it up with something" and then put clothes on top of it.

James claims the driver of the Escalade was trying to keep him away from the SUV.  James says he wanted to exchange info with Lindsay (whom he did not recognize) but it was apparent to him she was about to flee the scene.

James says the Escalade driver offered him money, saying they could "go to the bank" and withdraw some cash.

James says  the Escalade driver and Lindsay's assistant put on a full court press: "Him and the guy took me across the street and told me this was some kind of famous person and they didn't want to be in the media. But I'd already called 911 because they were trying to get away from the scene. But they packed a bag and then the limousine driver told me, 'Don't mention the bag to the cops.'"

Steve Honig, Lindsay's rep, tells TMZ, "Lindsay is cooperating fully with law enforcement. She has answered all their questions and provided them with everything they have asked for."

0609_lindsay_lohan_crash_gallery

Mary P

I hate to be the voice of dissent because she's generally a giant goober and lush, BUT - this doesn't make any sense. It sort of rings like the club owner who was 20 feet away claiming she hit him. She was apparently injured (however minor or moderate) and with the paparazzi - why WOULDN'T she want to get into a car that was with her to wait it out... you know people would be going psycho trying to take pictures, probably cause another accident.

I mean, think about it - this car isn't just "dinged" and you can't run from it, there were witnesses. This car was likely totaled. Frankly, if I was just beat up from that accident, I'd sit in someone else's car, even a strangers for the cool and to try and stay seated. Aside from that, why was he staring and concentrating on her so fast at her hands? It seems odd. He supposedly doesn't know who she is, but he jumps out so fast he has time to see her in what would likely be extremely quick cover up if there was something wrong. And if he was so adamant NOT to take the money on faux principles, why didn't he tell the police about the bag? And if he did, then the police probably DID check it and there was nothing.

Something stinks here.

Marilyn

Next they will be bringing out this poor truck driver's 2nd grade teacher saying he was a pedophile pervert way back even then...
He will lose his job like Dawn Holley @ Betty Ford.
They will make mince meat out of this working guy.

dreamon

FACT is part of the Lohan smear team out t get an innocent guy who was just doing his job.

Pathetic. This was a chance for Lohan to act like adult. Fail.

Nikki

..Lindsay Lohan Was ‘Laughing’ About Car Accident, Says Nurse

By HL Staff | HollywoodLife.com – 5 hours ago
....
Email.....
lindsay-ftr79347PCN_Lohan01Lindsay Lohan was not at all fazed by her terrible car accident yesterday, in fact, a nurse at UCLA Medical Center says she was laughing about the incident.
Lindsay Lohan went to the hospital after she crashed into an 18-wheeler yesterday, and while everyone else was concerned about her, she seemed to take the whole thing lightly. HollywoodLife.com spoke to a nurse who was with Lindsay when she was admitted to the ER.
“Lindsay was fine and was laughing about the incident,” said the nurse, who wished to remain anonymous. “Kind of sad if you ask me. But shes alive and I’m sure won’t learn.”

Do you think it’s inappropriate for Lindsay to laugh about yet another car crash? Sound off below!

Reporting by Eric Mitchell

smiley

How much did this guy get paid to say this? He does not know if they were trying to leave. She is allowed to seek medical care and a guy is bleeding he is allowed to seek immediate medical care.

I don't believe this guy because he is saying that the assistant who is bleeding and eventually was taken to the hospital is doing all this activity. No way.

The driver of the escalade is the eyewitness.

I think this truck driver cut her off. He did not see the small car.

He sounds a lot like the hookah manager and he turned out to be bogus.

janet

@kelly...oh, ok. thanks. Now I get it. I guess my past posts of saying how Lifetime made a big mistake and how Lohan will end up costing them more in production losses than her paycheck might be coming true.

Again, I repeate. This shoot is not even 1 week old and all of her crap.

Mr.Bojangles

and another thing, they say to the truck driver "don't tell the cops about the bag" ROFLMAO! this is high school fantasy from the truck driver, gimme a break.

The cops said they are treating this as a regular accident as the truck drivers account and Lindsays were consistent, this guy wants 15mins. How much did TMZ pay him?

Wellington

If she's using, she won't be able to hide it for long.
I'm afraid she's going to wind up killing herself and/or someone else in a traffic accident, and her lawyer and judges who have given her slaps on the wrists will share part of the blame.

INSIDER H8TURD, V.P.

177 posts, yet only 89 are still here. Quack.

jc123

He sounds like he regrets calling 911, should've just taken that hush money.

Skeptical

All of Darkmange's comments got deleted.. hahahaha

Red Buttons

This happens everyday!!! NOT news if it was Joe Blow! Why not use the truck drivers full name? He is on camera now!!!
I am sure he is on the way to the law office of Gloria Allred, and Monday there will be a press conference!!!!!

Sela

Seriouse Lindsay is nothing but a crack head drug userer who has no self respect for herself or others. Why on earth they chosed her to play Elizabeth Taylor is disgusting to me, its a total diss on Elizabeth Taylor I'm sure she is turning in her grave knowing that TRASH was picked to pertray her in a mover..The world is watching Lindsay fail as the whole world say's " I TOLD YOU SO"...Lindsay L is a disgrace to society and herself

CutTheCrap

Wow, I believe this guy!

AC

She probably had drugs and was trying to get rid of them. I know a lot of people that freak out when the cops get involved.