Lindsay Lohan Crash

Truck Driver Claims

Bribe Offered for Silence

6/9/2012 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0609_lohan_driver_video
The guy driving the giant truck that got rear ended by Lindsay Lohan Friday tells TMZ ... LiLo was trying to flee the scene and when he tried to stop her ... her people tried to buy his silence.

Lindsay was driving on the PCH yesterday when she collided with a semi-truck driven by James (we're leaving out his last name). Lohan was trailed by a Cadillac Escalade (which James refers to as a limousine) ... driven by someone connected with her Lifetime movie.

James tells TMZ after the accident, he called 911 as Lindsay and her male assistant got out of the Porsche and into the Escalade. James says the assistant picked up a pink bag, "filled it up with something" and then put clothes on top of it.

James claims the driver of the Escalade was trying to keep him away from the SUV.  James says he wanted to exchange info with Lindsay (whom he did not recognize) but it was apparent to him she was about to flee the scene.

James says the Escalade driver offered him money, saying they could "go to the bank" and withdraw some cash.

James says  the Escalade driver and Lindsay's assistant put on a full court press: "Him and the guy took me across the street and told me this was some kind of famous person and they didn't want to be in the media. But I'd already called 911 because they were trying to get away from the scene. But they packed a bag and then the limousine driver told me, 'Don't mention the bag to the cops.'"

Steve Honig, Lindsay's rep, tells TMZ, "Lindsay is cooperating fully with law enforcement. She has answered all their questions and provided them with everything they have asked for."

0609_lindsay_lohan_crash_gallery

Grandma Cracker

Was it Lifetime's people that offered a bribe, or was it Lindsay's?

Probably both and some BAD publicity for Lifetime! See Lifetime, when you sleep with dogs........

GreyWolf

I wonder what was in the pink bag? party favors: coke, razor blades, etc perhaps?

UPYOURS

Lindsay had a little bag, little bag and its fleece was full of blow

Sela

Lindsay Lohan is nothing but a crack drug user she seriously needs to be locked up!! She is nothing but trash

INSIDER H8TURD, V.P.

[D] I never do anything wrong
[A] That isn’t Salvia in my bong
[G7] My pink bag wasn’t full of coke
[D] That dump truck driver’s probably broke
[A] I’ve never peed right on the floor
[G7] You have no proof that I’m a whore
[G7] I’ll sue you… I’ll sue you… I’ll sue you…
[G7m] Cuz I’m a Lohan

Hollywood

I would like to see Lindsay have these situations/incidents outside of LA County. I want REAL celebrity justice, not 15 minutes in the county jail.

Vinsetta

I can't wait until we here the 911 tape. And it will come out. Lindsay is literally the s*** of the earth.. She's just a bad person end of story.

Mr.Bojangles

Don't you realise this interview is a scam for money? He didn't know who she was at the time of the accident and told the cops the truth,, now he knows it was Lindsay Lohan and we have the BS. sheeeesh so predictable. I hope the cops release the 911 tape.

andy

Which unfortunate company still gambles against brutal odds by selling Lindsay auto insurance???
JUST CURIOUS . . . .

janet

If this is Lifetime trying to get ratings like Lorne Michaels did for SNL...Michaels wasn't stupid he new he would get ratings people watching to see Lohans over hyping herself and tanked. She did big time and had ratings.

This is a whole different ballgame. This is not a couple of bad skits most of which she was out of camera range. This is serious.

ilovegossip

How can anyone say what is on the police report, when it hasnt been made public yet? Given time, the whole truth will come out.

Michelle

She is such a tragic mess. Why is she even driving? Shouldn't she have a driver?

Nikki

Cheers to more karma coming Lindsay Lohans way !!!!!!!!!

gman

And I'm sure this guy coming out with this story is in now way designed to try to cover his ass so he doesn't lose his commercial license to drive.

Kelly

Just wondering how many people here are twice Lindsay's age and have NEVER even been in a car accident, let alone caused one. Raise the other hand if you've never assaulted anyone nor even been accused of assaulting someone.