'General Hospital' Star

Stuffed Animals Perish

in House Fire

6/10/2012 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0604_maurice_bernard_getty
Real-life tragedy struck the home of "General Hospital" star Maurice Benard Monday -- TMZ has learned, a tiny fire broke out in the actor's home ... and several innocent stuffed animals met their demise.

Law enforcement tells TMZ, the fire started in the bathroom at Maurice's Temecula, CA home around 10:30 AM after someone left a towel over a light fixture.

Firefighters rushed to the scene and successfully extinguished the conflagration -- but not everyone made it out alive. We're told a bunch of stuffed animals belonging to Maurice's 7-year-old son fell victim to smoke inhalation.

0605_maurice_benard_stuffed_victims
We're told there was so much smoke in the house, the stuffed animals are no longer safe to play with -- and have to be thrown out.

Thankfully, Maurice's son wasn't home at the time. We're told he's grief-stricken, but will be okay.

Kiki

You didn't report on Gary Sinise's recent car accident, but you report on a stuffed animal fire?

noel

Not nice you lowlives. I though something might have happened to him. My heart was in my throat for a few seconds.

Regina

Poor kid. Kids can sure get attached to their stuffed animals. From the picture it looks like a couple of rounds in a washing machine should have done the trick instead of throwing them out. I am glad that everyone is okay and not harmed. This story may be kind of dumb but it is better than 90% if what is on here in the typical day anyway. And he is a soap star so it does count as celebrity gossip, kind of.

makeitstop

wtf Harvey

harleyharlett

now nancy grahm is making fum of maurice in twitter about this story :)

Margo

Nice tile.

mamajj

Just glad everyone is OK. Love you MB.

Pam

I hope no one who has ever lost anyone they loved in a fire reads this. Not a subject I would trivialize.

Sina

Please let this mean he takes off time to help his son grieve. The less Sonny the better!

Funland

This is a fun story. It made me laugh a lot. Thank you TMZ for not taking life so serious. Made my day.

Longwayawayone

Sorry for Mo. It's cool he got some TMZ coverage though..just like all the 'real celebrities' that we all 'love' like Blohan (gag me).

Jordan

Isn't this show cancelled yet.

makeitstop

why Harvey why

Katy

I just bought that same 53" bear from Costco for my nephew. Haha.

Cashmere

Next it will be about Alf.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments