Lindsay Lohan

My Brakes Failed!!!

6/10/2012 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0609_lindsay_lohan_tmz_carLindsay Lohan is now telling friends the brakes on her rented Porsche DIDN'T WORK and that's why she slammed into the back of an 18-wheeler ... TMZ has learned.

As TMZ first reported, in the moments following the accident, Lindsay claimed the semi-truck cut her off ... and that is what caused the accident. The driver of the truck told TMZ that was not the case and has witnesses to back up his tale.

According to our sources, Lindsay is sticking with the "truck cut me off!!!" story, but with a twist ... she claims she slammed on the brakes ... but nothing.  And get this ... somehow Lindsay says she was told the brakes on the rental were replaced two days before the crash.

Lindsay is telling people she feels lucky to be alive, having only suffered cuts and bruises ... no serious injuries.

Considering her driving history, one of these days ... well, let's just say she needs a driver.

0609_lindsay_lohan_crash_gallery

janet

And not even a week into the shoot. Typical Lohan crap. She's lucky she didn't kill anyone...yet.

Lohan can kiss goodby any thought of Hollywood directors and producers. Not after this crap and not even a week into the shoot. Lohan is still giving every reason don't hire me.

Misty

She just can't drive. Her track records of accidents is a book in its self. They just need to take away her license for good!

INSIDER H8TURD, V.P.

A hookah bar manager was just spotted pulling into Barney's Beanery in a 2012 Audi RS8 QuattroAvant. I know those go for over $100.000.00. I wish I were a hookah manager.

janet

The porsche Lohan totaled was her rental porsche (keeping up with appearances) Nothing to do with Thompson or Lifetime. Lindsay is on the hook for that.

How does this play out for her probation?

Mumra the Ever Living

Good news to all the Lohan backers out there. IMDB has a listing for a new movie in pre-production. It's called "I know who killed my career".

Nikki

BREAKING NEWS:
TMZ has spoken to a source close to Lindsay Lohan, and they now say that it was not Lindsay driving. It was her twin from the Parent Trap. Producer Larry Thompson from Lifetimes Liz and Dick was so relived to find out that the 100k Porsche was stolen by a Lohan wanna be. Thompsons wife had this to say:
I told Larry not to hire Lindsay, she is nothing but bad news. She blackens everything she touches. The girl has a evil jinx on her.
We look forward to firing her.

Nikki

Had a great day out on our boat today...Got me some sexy tan lines...BAM !!!

Nikki

TMZ, do us all a favor, post the damn 911 call or the witness video. You know thats the next story at 1am

Ben Choad

Porsche AG just issued an official statement in response to Lindsay Lohan's allegation that the brakes in the Porsche 911 that she was driving failed.

Porsche AG: "Bitch Please!"

Firefly

Sooooooo, whose story to believe. Here is a little look at each side.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE TRUCK DRIVERS SIDE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.The truck driver called 911
2. He stayed with his truck after the accident
3. He told the police what happened
4. He told them that someone with Lindsays group tried to bribe him. If he was after money he would of taken it and went along with whatever Lindsays group came up with.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LINDSAYS SIDE OF THE STORY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.I was not driving
2. The truck driver cut me off while I was driving. (oops)
3. My brakes failed
4. leaves wrecked car and gets into SUV with stash bag.
5. won't go to hospital in ambulance but assistant does.
6. Gets a pink small purse out of car and takes it away and tells trucker not to mention it.
7. would not except ride provided by the movie company but totaled a car rented by the movie company. But it's not her fault.
8 goes to hospital and comes out smirking. Probably thinking she got away with her clever lies.
9. Probably thought everyone would say poor Lindsay are you OK when she returned but she held everything up costing a fortune. But it's not her fault.

UPYOURS

TMZ's new ninth grade censor has an itchy finger again. Posts disappearing like there is no tomorrow!

UPYOURS

The night shift is on, so will bbl. Need to make a salad and get the rice and shrimp ready!

JLB

Riiiiiiight.

INSIDER H8TURD, V.P.

Whoever gets Linds on a polygraph first - I owe you a cluster.

SSinOC

The brakes failed because she didn't deploy them. I'm sure she was distracted, on her smart phone etc. The cars black box will be able to tell if there was any brake failure.

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments