Rob Dyrdek

I'll Pay Big $$$

to NOT be Rob Dyrdek!

6/10/2012 4:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0608_rob_dyrdek_tmz
Rob Dyrdek
hates the name Rob Dyrdek -- this according to Rob Dyrdek.

The MTV star made it clear on Twitter -- he's sick of using his full name on the social media site, and instead offered to buy the far more abbreviated ... @rob from some dude named Rob Bertholf.

Dyrdek tweeted on Tuesday -- "@rob Do you have any interest in selling your twitter name?" Then added, "You need a vacation? Maybe a nice watch?"

Dyrdrek better think bigger -- much bigger -- because Bertholf tells us he ain't selling for less than 6 FIGURES!!!

The current @rob says he turned down a $25,000 offer two years ago for the handle -- and you gotta love his explanation for the inflated price:  "It wouldn't be worth my time to rebuild all of my profiles that are linked to my twitter handle."

Bertholf has 1,497 followers. Totally worth keeping.

Cartman

He should hold out for a mill as this douche would pay it.

Mike

Who is this douche?

dreamon

@robD ???

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

Well the consensus here is Dyrdek's a douche bag so WTF I'll call the homunculus a douche too..

YouDontSay

This guy really bugs me

static

I guesss it's easier to steal a motorcycle gang's logo than someone's twitter handle.

Juji

Hey, TMZ lawyers: have a peek at the Twitter rules. I do believe that buying/selling a Twitter handle is a no-no and can result in loss of said handle. Yes?

Youdun

"Bertholf has 1,497 followers. Totally worth keeping."
Sometimes people like to hold on to what they have, don't have to be an ******* about it Mr TMZ "journalist"

katelyn

my co-worker's aunt earned $14713 the previous week. she is making money on the computer and moved in a $517800 house. All she did was get lucky and make use of the guide given on this site www.LazyCash32.com

bertholf

I love all the tweets, the self-entitled generation shines through.

Just a lesson in marketing, its not about how many followers you have, its about the engagement and topical relevance of the audience gained.

Mandy

This guy bugs me..its not his show..or how he acts..its his damn clothes..any MAN who is over 35 that wears skinny jeans and trys so hard to get in good with "kids" is just weird..dude, take off your color matched outfit, and act your age..its just sad. Good show, almost bearable, even with that annoying hyenia souding blond chick..its your clothes..youretoo old bro! Just stop dude, youre embarassing me and i dont even now you! #PLEASE!

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

So, what's his name, TMZ? "Dyrdek" or "Dyrdrek"? I'd go with "Dyrtdreck", but that's just me...

Oh, by the way, who is this person?