Henry Hill

'Goodfellas' Mobster

Dead at 69

6/13/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Henry Hill has died at the age of 69.
Henry Hill -- the former mobster whose life story became the basis for the movie "Goodfellas" -- died today at the age of 69 ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with Hill's girlfriend Lisa ... who told us Hill passed away in an L.A. hospital Tuesday after a long battle with an undisclosed illness.

Lisa tells us, "He had been sick for a long time ... his heart gave out."

We're told Hill had focused on mending relationships with estranged family members in recent years ... and Lisa tells us he had made tremendous progress before he died.

Hill leaves behind two children.

Hill was famously portrayed by Ray Liotta in the 1990 classic "Goodfellas."

Hill's exploits in the mob world were legendary -- but he prided himself on reforming later in life ... and became a frequent guest on the Howard Stern show.

vito

ITS REVENGE FOR BILLY BATS..

ColoradoRob

The guy was a piece of sh**. Can't believe glowing remarks from people. Everyone has him confused with actor that played him in movie!

Markthebooker

I interviewed Henry a couple of times and I have to say he was a good dude! He made some mistakes early in life and he turned it all around and spent the rest of his life try to stop other young men from taking the same path.

King Anton

damn this sucks

Jmac

That's not a funny story,does it look like a funny story you F%ds two faced S%$& Kicker....RIP Henry

Dom The Mover

Good bye Big Mouth!

ShrinkWrap

My favorite mobster is a dead one. Rot in hell, you *******.

Beach

Great movie, but I'm sure his part was glorified for affect. I got the impression he was much more of a weasel & hanger on than any sort of cog or guy that was looked up to or important.

ragu4u

Fuggedaboudit! He's de spittin image of Ray Liotta.

Obbop

That %$##&^ will do anything to get out of paying back a loan.

ViableV

What a crazy life you led Henry, thanks for all the entertainment on the Howard Stern show! Rest In Peace.

Tim

Come on Karen!!!!

dd

Maybe I missed something but didn't he murder people?

Al

Henry was always an outstanding guest on Howard Stern...especially when the old mobsters would call in and give him hell.

Yurra Knutz

"...I almost had him, I almost had him... Ya stuttering pprick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes Henry. You may fold under questioning..."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments