Oprah Confronts 50 Cent

Why'd You Name

Your Dog Oprah?

6/12/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

061212_oprah_50cent_launch
Oprah Winfrey
isn't stupid ... she knows 50 Cent named his dog 'Oprah' to diss the talk show queen after a recent feud ... and when the two sat down together, she totally called him out on it.

"I heard you have a dog named Oprah ... that was not a compliment," she said to the rapper.

Fiddy sheepishly replied, "I love you ... you know how they say a dog is a man's best friend?"

During the confrontation, part of Oprah's new show, "Next Chapter," ... 50 explained how he felt Oprah's famous campaign against the N-word and degradation of women in hip hop felt like a personal attack.

"I would see moments where you would discuss your feelings on the culture, and everything that was wrong with the culture was on my CD ... and I was like, 'She doesn't like me.' "

So why name the dog Oprah? 50 told her O-ness, "At the time, I was just looking at the situation and I saw I was developing negative feelings for someone who doesn't even know me."

50 said he also got a cat ... and named it Gayle.

But now, the hatchet appears to be buried ... and 50 even told Oprah he pampers the hell out of the animals ... even hiring a babysitter to take care of them while he's out of town.

Beef squashed.

SURFCOWBOY

I hope the dog and cat are black or else it kinda doesnt work.

Proud2bBlack

This is desperation on Oprah's part to revive her failing empire. She would have never in a million years had 50 on her talk show if her rating were still through the roof. I'm not liking what I see here on your part Oprah. You are showing that you will use your own people to get your ratings. Disgusted with you. Why don't you just bow out gracefully, you've earned enough accolades. Move over for the next history making Talk Show Queen, whomever that may be.

bunny

Awkward.

kitnplayn

Dat becuz fiddy dont know no bettah how to come up wit a clever idea. Hey fiddy, now that you got some munny, why don't you go git some edjacation.

Cricket

I'm no Oprah fan, but she's right about that antiquated word. However, I think she will do anything to get people to watch this ridiculous network of hers. Your time is done Oprah, please move on, outside of the television industry. P.S. That goes for movies too.

northern gypsy

i watched the interview and enjoyed it...having said that...i have to agree with comments regarding her popularity... imo...its now a matter of ego that her "own" network succeeds...it will be her emotional and financial ruin !!!

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Maybe she can have ME on her show and I can explain why we called our family Hogg Oprah... just ring me up Orc since ya got nothing to since Mooshelle the Mooch kicked you to the curb after her husband's great work has tanked your career!!! LOLOL serves her right for selling out her fans for race.

DaveT

You gotta love the whole scenario....."Oprah! How many times have I told you not to piss on the rug!"

Kelly

Because the name "Obese Pig" was already taken.

Faye

Oh please. Oprah, you are just way too full of yourself. Who cares what he named his dog?

feelicks

oprah is soooo desperate she is putting on her show all the people that the world cant stand. time to block her channel....

parlayer

Get Obozo to "Preditor Drone" the guy, Opro

Katmc.

I love 50.

dskowulf

His answer was cz they look alike. Oprah looks like a pug dog

monique

the most conceited person ever, she loves her name on ANYTHING including the dog (why do you think she even brought it up) ((she could have easily asked off camera))

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments