« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Banned from Triathlons

Over Doping Allegations

6/13/2012 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0613_lance_armstrong_getty
Lance Armstrong has been BANNED from competing in triathlons ... effective immediately ... over new allegations that he participated in a massive doping conspiracy.

According to the Washington Post,  the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has smacked Armstrong with formal charges ... claiming Lance and 5 of his cycling associates conspired to use and distribute illegal substances from 1998 until 2011.

The USADA claims Armstrong has been using EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, corticosteroids and masking agents.

The USADA also claims it collected blood samples from Armstrong in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood ma­nipu­la­tion including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.”

Now, Armstrong is firing back in a new statement .... claiming the allegations are "baseless, motivated by spite and advanced through testimony bought and paid for by promises of anonymity and immunity."

Armstrong continues, "I have never doped, and, unlike many of my accusers, I have competed as an endurance athlete for 25 years with no spike in performance, passed more than 500 drug tests and never failed one."

"That USADA ignores this fundamental distinction and charges me instead of the admitted dopers says far more about USADA, its lack of fairness and this vendetta than it does about my guilt or innocence."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sue

If I remember correctly Lance Armstrong had cancer some years ago, and underwent chemotherapy and removal of cancerous testicle .I do know some of the drugs they mention in the article above, are used in some cancer pts when there hgb drops instead of transfusions they give pts Epo twhich is a hormone that helps the body produce red blood cells. Also I believe with removal of testicles your testosterone levels may go down, thus the need for testosterone injections.

Michael

DUDE! I would say gets some balls and admit to it, but that aint gonna happen!

I know for a fact LA used EPO. It is the #1 cancer drug used. So he was given it when he was diagnosed. So fo him to say he never used it, he is a liar.

As for him saying it's haters and all, dude, the reason I hate you is I SAW YOU be a complete DOUCHE to your then wife at a trade show in 1999. You were trying to get out of there and get into a waiting car and you were screaming at her and pushing her. You ballless FOCK!! I hated you since then you POS! And I hope you read this, cuz I have PICTURES YOU FLAMING DOUCHEBAG!!! When I saw you doing it, I took 3 pics. So yeah, claim you didn't. Claim im a hater. Claim you are clean and whatever. Dude, I am in the Bike Industry and NO ONE believes you are clean in the bike industry!

Focking go to a deserted island with the Kartrashians and Palins, Jersey Shore and the Lohans!!!! Cuz no one wants you here!

Fuck Celebrities

You have to ask if he really had cancer or if that was an excuse for steroids in his system.

Sandra

Something smells and I suggest it is Lance!!!

jayman419

If they had evidence of him cheating in 2009 and 2010, why was he allowed to compete in a dozen races over those two years, including twice in the Tour de France and several other major events?

If they had evidence for more than three years, why are they only coming forward with it now? If they base all of their actions on evidence, rather than pressures from outside the organization, why allow him to compete at all?

edongzki

this is really a sad news :(

Mar

first hand i know he used drugs.

Mar

I feel I can strongly say I know "second hand" he is GUILTY
I believe..--as I trust very strongly trust the "first hand"...he is sinfully guilty!!!! He use(d) drugs. I believe this without a doubt, as I said, I trust the "first hand".
(Redundancy is lovely.)
IT"S about time someone took the shine off his image. He's so full of it!!

Paul B

Regardless if he used drugs you still need talent to do what he has achieved. Drugs l imagine would only be a small part of the equation. Na forget all that crap l said. He's a filthy rotten cheat.

clayp72

They should break all sports records into two catagories;

1. Natural
2. Enchaned

Max

the majority of olympic athletes have taken performance enhanced drug at a moment in there life they just don't get caught in the moment of commiting it ou right after where they would test positive

Michael

"I have never doped, and, unlike many of my accusers, I have competed as an endurance athlete for 25 years with no spike in performance, passed more than 500 drug tests and never failed one. That USADA ignores this fundamental distinction and charges me instead of the admitted dopers says far more about USADA, its lack of fairness and this vendetta than it does about my guilt or innocence."

The funny thing amount his statement is he forgot about the positive test in 99 and 2000 and that they were covered up. He also forgets about him giving money for favor with the UCI. And he also forgets about the test he DIDNT TAKE when the tester was outside and he thought the person wasnt with the UCI!!! So he went inside, took a shower and came back an hour later. LONG after the masking agent could have taken effect.

Oh, and he DID have a spike in performance....he had cancer and before it, he dropped out of the Tour. So he is a drop out of the Tour, ends up having cancer and comes back and wins the toughest bike race in the world 7 TIMES???

Im sorry, if that isnt a spike in performance, I am not sure what else its called!

whocares

They have never proved anything was ever taken by him. He has been through this a few times before. Come on.

Anthony

Can't believe there are still morons out there that think everyone else that was great in that sport including all his teammates were doping but the best one of them all, the guy who beat all the dopers for years and years was able to do it clean LMFAO. Makes no sense at all. The guy is dirty but it is OK as all the best riders were dirty during that era. Including him.

campy

That survey question is a no brainer. Lance is white therefore he is innocent. Next!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments