« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Basketball Wives'

3 Girls AXED from Show

6/14/2012 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0613_basketball_wives_article
Dwight Howard
can finally relax -- because his baby mama Royce Reed (left) just got her ass axed from "Basketball Wives" ... along with two other stars on the show.

Sources connected with production tell TMZ, Jennifer Williams (right) and Kesha Nichols (center) also got the chop -- and will be replaced next season. It's unclear who's in line to take their spots.

According to sources, producers will be giving the girls their walking papers any day now to drop what they called "dead weight" from the show.

We're told Royce was cut because she wasn't legally allowed to talk about Dwight due to a 2009 gag order, blocking her from discussing her ex in any way. The other girls on the show had also decided to ostracize her, so Royce couldn't shoot scenes with the rest of the cast.

As for the others -- producers think Jennifer's too big a liability after suing Nia Crooks for slapping her on the show. And Kesha was just too boring.

A rep for VH1 tells TMZ, “We don't comment on casting until everything is final. Thanks for checking in.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sandra Moore

They only needed to cut one person, and that should have been Tami.Oh well, I can't beleive Tami is staying and the others are leaving. WTF!!!!!!!!! SMH

Sultry

Ridiculous!!!!!!!!! Bullies, Hos and Snakes are left. It really is difficult to stomach the show with the cast members that are left. I cringe. Its awkward, STUPID, and ignorant. I guess people will support nonsense for entertainment. And Shaunie aims to please. It is what it is... a ghetto hot mess.

James Fitzgerald

Everybody got so much negative to say about the show. however if there was no violence it would not have made 4 seasons. Lets be real people if you don't like the show shut up and don't watch it. DAMN!

myopinion

I thought this show was cancelled...Can't believe it is still on...TRASH!!!!!

Lee

Jennifer Williams should have stayed on the show! But they should have axed that other new broad on the show because she's psycho. Good choice on Royce and Keisha. I'm sick of those two.

LYDIA

IM GLAD THEY R LEAVING ROYCE KISHA BORRING JENNIFER STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHH

look the gig is up, just cut the show completely too much nonsense and high school drama for grown women!!!!!.. call it what it is ..

LindaLu

Do you think they will air Evelyn's wedding before her husband is caught cheating on her? I know I don't know Shaunie personally but I am disappointed in her, I had always been under the impression that she had class but obviously not. And Tammy....Bottom of the barrel trash! She was a trouble maker when she was on Real World too. I feel so sorry for their children, what poor examples their mother's are. Anything for fame and money I guess....it doesn't matter if it's bad attention, as long as they get attention. Pathetic

Leemah

When Shaunie said in a recent interview that she'd cut 3 ppl right now if she could, I KNEW she meant these 3. Good riddance!

miabbw

i am so disgusted with this show and how these women act. i hate how they cut out the people that make the “mean girls” look bad.

i made a poster of these women

Jasmine

This is not surprising. I liked Royce the best out of all the girls. Jennifer already said she was not coming back to the show before the reunion so this is no surprise. I think Kesha was ok but leaving tapings early (vacation episodes) probably did not go well with producers. The ones I do not like is Eveylyn, Tami, and Shauni. Those 3 made me stop watching the show and I will not be watching next season. After all the show itself needs to be cancelled, not just getting rid of a few cast members.

ryt

that's a load of bs, they should get rid of suszie. she was the worst.

Aj

WILL NOT BE WATCHING!!! I work at an Alternative High School where young gils idolize the likes of Tamie and Ev. I can't support anything that adds to the degrading of our culture AND young women!!!!! The girls I teach want to be gansters, thuggetts, and hard. I got my work cut out for me.

Amber gantt

Shaunie and VH1 know that they are wrong for what they did and I hope that no one watch this show again.All I have to say is Shaunie is a coward and she need to get some balls because she is scared of Tammi.The other ladies should be happy that she got rid of them because truth me that show won't last another year.Shaunie care more about wrong than she do right and this world is a big circle and remember MS.Oneal what goes around come around and she will get it back one day and I hope I the other ladies all the best in what ever that do next.

JoeBro

It's funny how Shaunie tries to act like the "peacemaker", when she goes and fires the three girls that didn't fight this season. Then again, she's all about trashy TV. It goes great with her personality!