Rodney King

Friends Are Not Buying

Fiancee's Death Story

6/18/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0617_rodney_king_tmzTwo close friends of Rodney King think his fiancée isn't telling the truth about what happened leading up to his death ... and they've voiced their suspicions to cops, TMZ has learned.

As TMZ first reported, King's fiancee, Cynthia Kelley, says she was awakened by the sound of King banging on the window of their home just after 5:00 AM on Sunday ... and then heard him fall in the pool.

But sources close to King tell TMZ they heard Kelley tell the story several times to friends ... only the story changed a little bit each time and it seemed to them that she was lying about something.

We're told two of Kelley's friends who spoke with her in the hours following King's death have gone to police and spoke to a detective. Our source says the detective took down their story and their information and said he would be in touch.

Rialto PD say so far they have discovered no signs of foul play, but they are conducting a drowning investigation and will perform an autopsy at some point.

kawa

OK, now is the time for Sharpton and all of his cronies to start coming forward and telling us what a fine upstanding and mis-understood citizen Rodney really was.
Really brings a tear to the eye.

Jo

My first instinct when I read her story was bull****. Something didn't seem right about it to me. I trust my gut.

Mikey

White Men Can't Jump

Black Men Can't Swim

Case Closed.

parlayer

Not Buying, her story.?? I didn't know the book was out already!

Poopey Poopstein

File this under Black People can't swim..Buh Bye you hate filled bucket of s***..

Don Martin

Hey TMZ!

Are you sure Chris Brown or Drake wasn't in on it?????

karlschneider

It's just amazing how getting beaten up by a couple overzealous cops will magically transform a dirtbag thug into a worshiped hero and saint.

Virtual Insanity

I don't know what happened in the house, but I think its wrong for the fiancee to tell the media he was smoking weed and drinking. Her willingness to share with the media so quickly is either stupid or suspect.

LiveOutLoud

Anyone with a brain can see her story did not add up.

Cartman

That ho killed Rodney fo the money!

Except there is no money...

Nevermind.

Nadiadamit

U could tell the story was crap from the get go. tmz u dropped the ball... i mean who smokes a f*cking joint and then stands under water till they die.. weed does not have that affect. ridiculous. i would think one of ur staff members could figure that out from experience. let me guess the devil led him into the water because he committed a sin~what f*cking fantasy world are people living in today?

FenixSiXX

PSA - King had a dream that we would all get along but little did anyone know it wouldn't happen at all. Another potential Gary Coleman case, but I didn't say that? Just a hypothesis.May he rest in paradise.

FenixSiXX

And No, we can't all get along because this is a cruel hard cold world and everyone is fake.

Babydoll0630

He OD'ed........case CLOSED.

Lori

Ok - think about it. I haul ass to the door if my cat's crying to get in. You hear something amiss outside, a normal person runs to the window, assesses what it is, and then reacts. If it was my man out there, I'd run to the door to let him in. She lying!