Rodney King

Friends Are Not Buying

Fiancee's Death Story

6/18/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0617_rodney_king_tmzTwo close friends of Rodney King think his fiancée isn't telling the truth about what happened leading up to his death ... and they've voiced their suspicions to cops, TMZ has learned.

As TMZ first reported, King's fiancee, Cynthia Kelley, says she was awakened by the sound of King banging on the window of their home just after 5:00 AM on Sunday ... and then heard him fall in the pool.

But sources close to King tell TMZ they heard Kelley tell the story several times to friends ... only the story changed a little bit each time and it seemed to them that she was lying about something.

We're told two of Kelley's friends who spoke with her in the hours following King's death have gone to police and spoke to a detective. Our source says the detective took down their story and their information and said he would be in touch.

Rialto PD say so far they have discovered no signs of foul play, but they are conducting a drowning investigation and will perform an autopsy at some point.

Z. Shook

Friends like his, can't be beat. But a woman like his wouldn't get her hands dirty, just wet after throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

CathyS54

Last time I saw him in an interview he seemed very together and doing well. I'll be surprised if Dr. Drew's show isnt about this tonight. Just because Mr. King was on Celebrity Rehab Dr. Drew will know exactly what happened!

David

I'm sorry but you don't hear someone fall into the pool and do nothing.Why didn't she help him,something else defintley happened and it will probably come out soon.

rokeja

verb use confusion:

...in the hours following King's death have gone to police and spoke to a detective

should be:
...in the hours following King's death have gone to police and spoken to a detective
or
...in the hours following King's death went to police and spoke to a detective

learn how to write you clowns

Christyles

Wth... Yes let's see that autopsy report!!!!

jellybean

How long has she been his fiancee? You know some people use that term so they won't feel or look bad in shackin up. They weren't married so "fiancee" is her key to reaping what he has left. Did he have any kids?Well no matter what she's trying to hide, living a lie usually destroys people inwardly first. But remember there is nothing hidden that shall not be uncovered, someday. May Rodney's soul R.I.P.

mtgobb

Hope he does, not do bathsalt.you can. Not drink and swim. RIP.

bill p.

Lets face it. I don't see LAPD really investigating this death. He did cost them 3.8 million.

yvonne zachery

I would hate to think someone did something to him to make it appear he was intoxicated and drowned. He had already had a beaten down life, Praying his death will not be the same.

KMFDM

A drug-addicted ex-con engages in a high-speed chase and puts innocent lives at risk only to get his ass beat by the police and I am suppose to feel sorry for this person? Anyone that sympathizes with this lowlife really needs to re-evaluate their lives.

abbey schutz

You should contact Steve Lerman, his attorney who at a time was very close to Rodney King & knew him on a deeper level than many of the current circle of people

JAZPERI

I KNOW IN MY HEART AND SPIRIT THAT MR. KING WAS MURDERD JUST LIKE MICHEAL JACKSON..WHITNEY HOUSTON. THESE WERE NOT ELDERLY PPL. WHO HAD LIVED A LONG LIFE. IN EACH PASSING OF THESE PERSON'S IN THE PUBLIC EYE; WHEN THEY WERE TRYING TO MAKE A POSTIVE CHANGE IN THEIR LIVES; THEY WERE ERASE OUT OF LIFE! JAZPERI

Mei Ly

I feel bad for the guy. Sure, he had alcohol issues and a criminal background. But did he actually set out to be videotaped being beaten repeatedly by the LA cops, then become the symbol of police brutality and racism? I doubt it. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Should he have been pulled over and arrested. Of course. But to have the spotlight put on you like he had, I don't think most of us would want or would have handled it any better than he did. 99.9% of us are not prepared for that kind of media attention. RIP Rodney King

sunjuan2201

The Glee Project Season 1 DVD Box Set is a rhythm often happy plot of musical comedy about the teacher and students take part in a singing contest. The Miami Police Department of a happy forensic(Dexter Seasons 1-6 DVD Box Set for discount) is actually a on the night comes within bloodthirsty monster, to hunt down those who think they can be still unpunished criminals extrajudicial sanction. Sonny with a Chance Seasons1-2DVD Box Set is the United States of America Disney Television 09new original sitcom. Desperate Housewives Seasons1-8DVD Box Set for discount describes Fairview Wisteria Lane five a housewife married life. One Tree Hill Seasons 1-9 DVD Box Set to Tree Hill town story of what happened to the spindle, lead to a relationship, friendship, love story. Hot dvds are in the dvdboxsetsonline.com. Cheap dvds are waiting for you to buy ! Welcome!

Writer M

Perhaps RODNEY KING was MURDERED by his fiance, ex juror.

Heavy drugging and drinking often leaves a person knocked out sleep, like in a coma.

During such a deep sleep, they are vulnerable to whatever treatment those around them decide to give them.

A drunk who is sleep is subject to abuse by any so-called care giver.

In my youth, coming home from clubs late at night, drunk, I would fall asleep; my wife would abuse me, for example, smearing my face in plates of food I demanded she cook, and then falling asleep before it was done... this and the fact I was out all night used to piss her off! So, she abused my drunken state of mind, dead sleep!

Spirit, logic, and intellect say that this woman, his so-called fiancé, pushed him into the pool after he fell asleep.

In the 911 call, she repeatedly stated again and again, "I tried to wake him up."

How in the hell do you try to wake someone up that is in the bottom of a pool.

Additionally, she was too active during the initial investigation rather than bent over in pain, crying, distraught about his death.

She didn't appear to be too affected, other than screaming angrily. It was not as if she was in hurting pain as someone in love would be reeling, uncontrollably.

It was said that they often butted heads in her attempts to control him, his burdensome life.

I hate liars, some cunning and baffling murderers...

R.I.P. Rod King!