Rodney King

Wanted to Dump Fiancée

Before Death

6/19/2012 1:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0619_rodney_king_wife
Rodney King
's closest friend tells TMZ ... he's asked cops to take a closer look at King's fiancée -- because their relationship was volatile to the point King wanted to break up with her.

Damon Feldman -- who worked with King on the celebrity boxing circuit and has known him for years -- tells us King complained to him in recent weeks that his relationship with fiancée Cynthia Kelley was out of control and he needed to get away from her.

Feldman was one of the friends who called police after King's death and said he didn't believe Kelley's story.

Feldman's got a bad feeling about Kelley's explanation of King's death -- and he thinks police should take a close look at her relationship with King.

As we reported, Kelley told cops she heard Rodney banging on the window around 5 AM Sunday and then heard him fall in the pool. Cops insist they have no reason to doubt what she said.

Calls to Kelley weren't returned.

ShrinkWrap

Is it just me, or is it a little too soon to rule her out as a suspect? Something seems fishy to me.

Mikeg

Insert interesting comment here___________(I got nothing).

Reallly

Who f'in cares about this guy? He was a piece of crap back in the 90's and stil is......but now this piece of crap will actually fertilize something....LOL

Celeb Gossip Addict

People often talk crap about their mates to friends. Unless Rodney said, "I think she is trying to kill me," I don't think him trashing her to a friend is that unusual.

ChloeMarie

RK dead @ 47 is no shock. Law enforcement seriously investigating this would be. Not gonna happen...

Regina

Umm, is it just me but does anybody else wonder why she didn't go help him if he fell into the pool. Who goes and listens to some banging, hears that the person fell into the pool and DOES NOTHING??? What did she do, just roll over and go back to sleep???

Eric in L.A.

Law Enforcement will not spend time to investigate his death. The Police hated him. They probably had a party when they heard the news. His beating by the cops showed for the 1st time with video evidence that cops lie on their reports about what really happens. I don't give any credit to King. He was just drunk, high and didn't want to follow the polices directions to pull over. He was just a symbol of a larger problem.

Nicoleasm

Well he's an avid swimmer, apparently he would go surfing a lot with his costar from celeb-rehab...so for him to have drowned, he would have to have been rendered completely helpless, like a heart attack, or unconscious from paraphanelia, similiar to Whitney Houston, perhaps? An autopsy would show if she hurt him before he was put in the water. But she couldn't have caused him to drown, if that's how he died

Th33DJay

This guy is not relevant anymore.

Joao

I'm really not trusting the cops in this situation... it's a Tryvon Martin, case closed 5sec investigation:

Okay...

1-Girlfriend claimed she heard him frantically banging on the door, yelling for help

2-Then the next thing you know he's in the bottom of a pool, naked.

3-Then the Keystone cops arrive... and in less than 24hrs decided that there's nothing unusual here. Happens all the time, naked guy found at the bottom of a pool soon after yelling for help. "Thank you Lady, think that's all we needed for our report. Just one more thing, that is the same colored guy those cops in trouble? Wanted make sure we got the right one. Thanks again."

Marie

So,. what? She forced him to drink and smoke weed and then threw him into the pool, so he would drown?? Come on.

Nancy Drew

I was suspicious of her since it was mentioned on another news board that she was also a juror in his civil law suit trial against the city of L.A. Hmmmm!

IceGypsy

"Cops insist they have no reason to doubt what she said." Hello? She made no attempt to get him out of the water. Umm I don't know about you, but even if I couldn't swim I would find a way to get his ass out of there even if I thought he was already dead. I mean CPR could have saved the man.

Jen

I would want to leave a bitch that would leave my drunk, naked ass outside too. I still don't get why she wouldn't let him inside HIS house when he was outside banging on his door to be let in.

Woot

Suspicious death not to be dismissed!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments