Carly Rae Jepsen

Call Me Maybe ...

If You Recognize Me!

6/20/2012 12:40 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0619_carly_rae_flynetYou probably know that ridiculously catchy song "Call Me Maybe" that everyone and their pet covers in viral videos, but would you recognize singer Carly Rae Jepsen if she walked passed you at the airport?

Looking like Michelle Trachtenberg's stunt double, the 26-year-old Canadian songstress was spotted chatting on her phone (of course) as she made her way quietly through LAX on Monday.

You have the #1 song in the country and there are no screaming fans greeting you at arrivals? Now this is crazy!

grumpiestoldman

I remember her from the show Canadian Idol a few years ago. She was just so cute.

IceGypsy

Maybe she could teach Alec Baldwin a thing how to have the best of both worlds lol

doc9

Making money with peace. Nothing wrong with that.

Jo86

I remember her from Canadian Idol, she was so good and should have won! She's actually amazing live, and doesn't lip sync. She's also been around for five years, her songs have been played in Canada a lot during that time, Call me Maybe has actually been playing on the radio here for a year...she's also had a new signle out for a few months, she's diffinitely not a one hit wonder.

LCS27

So, you make a lot of money with a no. 1 hit and nobody bothers you, just a loser from TMZ takes a photo. this is way cool!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

It must be the glasses she's wearing. Put them on and kapow... instantly, nobody recognizes you.

Hannah

She looks like that girl from Parks and Recreation.

Keillyo

Maybe it was the fact that no one called the Paps to let them know she was there? Some reps do that and a sea of Paps will appear.

KISS

It's her first single for crying out loud. When her second #1 start rolling, maybe??

Renee

I love this song and I wouldn't of noticed. She's a cutie. I guess that's how all top artist want to be like... just having a hit song and can still go places without people bothering the mess out of you. The song is cute. It has a meaning unlike half of the crap you people listen to..

O_o

no, i wouldn't f*king recognize her...why WOULD i f*king recognize her?!

Bill

this chick has a better body than Trachtenberg who has fat hips. carly has a nice slender body, slender hips, like michele used to have.

Shocked

I cannot believe this grown, nearly THIRTY year old woman is trying to pass herself off as a teen pop idol! LOL, really, lady? Being with Bieber is only gonna work for so long.
Enjoy your fifteen minutes. 14:58...14:59...

GET A JOB, MS. JEPSEN!

Throwback kid

It's a great song, when ever I hear it I just go into full dance mode. I don't care if I'm at the gym or at the hair cuttery getting my bangs trimmed. If that song comes on the radio I just have to work my magic! I hate to show off my dance moves but sometimes when you hear the right song you just have to break them out

hockeyfan

Geez, you people are really negative. Lighten up! Not every song has to be a prize winner. It's a really fun song, a great workout tune and she seems like a really nice, well adjusted young woman. You don't see much of that in Hollywood so leave her alone. As for the woman behind her in the second picture, it looks like ex-tennis star Steffi Graf!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments