'Swamp People' Star

Arrested for

Domestic Violence

6/20/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Joe LaDont, Trapper Joe mug shot
"Swamp People" star Trapper Joe has been arrested for domestic violence in Florida, TMZ has learned.

Joe -- full name Joe LaFont -- was arrested early this morning in Orange County for domestic battery.

Sources close to LaFont tell TMZ, LaFont and his girlfriend had gotten into some kind of argument. The precise details surrounding the arrest are still unclear.

You'll recall ... Joe and his stepson Tommy Chauvin were nearly killed in a nasty 5-car pile-up near the Arkansas-Louisiana state line back in April. The pics were crazy.

Joe is currently being held on $1,500 bond.

jim

Still love joe and tommy stuff happens

Lizzi

Aw, I like Joe. I sure hope he didn't do it

Shaydie

People who like to hurt animals very often make the switch over to hurting humans. Zzzz, nothing to see here.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

No way, a guy in a reality show called Swamp People who I believe already lost one guy and another had a car wreck I believe, what's next? A drunken drag race with Lindsay Lohan in El Camino's or what?

jb

he looks like a swamp creature!

Calinative

I like him on the show.

Joey Boots

Will we see the arrest go down on A&E's Cajun Justice?

Notanegro

I don't give a damn. I love Swamp People!

Hannah

I have seen the show... LOL.. that's all I will say.

Gretel

I know that Swamp People has a huge audience and people really like the show but the few times I watched it all I could think was those men looked smelly and slimy and dirty and I was waiting to hear the banjo music from Deliverance playing. Not a fan. Sorry.

CriticXtreme

Who didn't see this coming? This was a fight over dem gators -choot em, choot em. Fun show. This is like the 21st century version of Deer Hunter without the pig scene (hopefully) but with a lot of in breeding.

Txtoothfairy

Actually I am pretty shocked about this. Joe seems to be one of the intelligent ones on the show and he is portrayed as a really nice guy. I really hope he didn't do it.

kevin hoover

i think that these stupid new reality show are runing peoples lives. they are from a small part of the world now you give them lots of money. look at the dumb a@@ chumb lee, he has lotts of money and still an idiot.. i hope they all go back home and live there lives .. plus we have enough bulls@@@ from the kardashians

mary

maybe he had a flashback and thought he was wrestling a alligator. sorry couldnt resist saying this

Passion Of The Taint

HOW CAN YOU CALL LOSERS LIKE THIS STARS?????

NEXT, THERE WILL BE SHOWS CALLED, AMERICAN TRASH COLLECTORS AND PLUMBER WARS!

THIS MONTH ON THE HISTORY AND DISCOVERY CHANNEL...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments