« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jerry Sandusky's Son

My Father Abused Me

6/21/2012 2:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0621_jerry_sandusky_01
Jerry Sandusky's adopted son says he was abused by the former Penn State assistant football coach ... and was prepared to testify at his father's sex abuse trial.

33-year-old Matt Sandusky -- one of Jerry's six adopted children -- released a statement through his attorney saying he is a "victim of Jerry Sandusky's abuse."

Matt did not disclose any details regarding the nature and time frame of the abuse.

Matt's lawyers said Matt did meet with investigators recently ... and was willing to testify. It's unclear why Matt was not called to the stand.

The jury is now deliberating in the Jerry Sandusky case -- he's accused of sexually abusing 10 boys over a span of 15 years and faces 500 years in prison if convicted on all 48 counts.

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Asian 101

I seriously have to question the sanity of the 3% who think he is innocent!

LittleBIt

I cant wait to see this sick pr*ck locked up for a long, long time. What he has done to Penn State, the children he raped and molested, their families, Joe Paterno and his reputation and countless others is beyond despicable! Shame on Penn State for not doing anything about these allegations YEARS ago! It is indefenseable!!! And if that jerk McQueary was any kind of man, he would have beat the holy hell out of Sandusky when he walked in on him having sex with a young boy in the showers at the college, then called every cop in the county and shout it from the rooftops this guy is a pedophile! Instead of helping that poor boy Sandusky was with, he went home and told his Daddy. Theres plenty of blame to go around though and the Sheriff of Clinton County could have brought charges against Sandusky years ago but chose not to. You deserve whatever you get you sonofab*tch!

campy

"A deeb-deeb-deeb, dat's all folks!"

BettieOoo

I'm sure there's a lot more victims out there just not willing to come forward. Still never identified who the boy was in the shower when McQueary saw him.

parlayer

I think most boys are abused by there father, but not in the butt. i was more of a let down, than a sex object.

Sunshine

Dottie is as guilty.Lock her up.

JR

What a terrible tragedy for this family, I wonder how many times the family and the wife went to bed wondering what Dad was up to?? Can you imagine every time a new kid came to house? Would they be worried about the child or glad it wasn't happening to them? Sad is all I can say for all involved. I certainly hope the wife didn't know about any of this? If she did how would she go to sleep at night?

chloelee29

Dottie should be prosecuted as well, she knew all about it and looked the other way for his paycheck and to have a roof over her head. God forbid, she leave the creep, protect her sons and get a freaking job...

taz

Sandusky is one sick mofo but how could his wife not know what he was? I guess as long as he wasn't stickin' it in her she was ok with it. I hope he gets beaten to death with a plunger ala Jefferey Dahmer, and I hope as little Dottie goes about her day she is constantly berated by the public for being an accessory to his crimes.

RaineeDrops

Sick! The many kid's lives he hurt, the innocence he took away. Makes me mad that he got away with it as long as he has.

Evil, twisted, sick, predator!

Carl

I believe Sandusky is guilty, but I don't like the timing of his stepson's statement. If he was called to the stand to testify that is fine, otherwise he should have waited until the trial is over. Doing this now risks tainting the jury. In the worst case it could actually lead to a mistrial.

RaineeDrops

It is sad how victims of sexual abuse have a hard time breaking their silence. It must have taken a lot of courage for Mat to find his voice and speak out. Just as the other victims should be supported in breaking their silence. Not an easy thing to do, especially when others try to minimize the abuse and re-victimize the victim, as this sick predator tried to do.

There is never a right or wrong time to speak out, the important thing is, that they do! For their own healing too, to break their silence. It otherwise is a silent living hell to have to hold something like that in.

Kelly

I wish everyone would stop calling this man's child RAPE "molestation." Call it what it is. And yes, I, like everyone, hope he gets his in the slammer. Then he'll know the difference between rape and "molestation."

RaineeDrops

The ones who participated in covering this up and in keeping it quiet, should also be sent to prison. From those at the college who knew but who did not contact the police, from those in his family who may have been aware, anyone who knew, participated in the molesting of children, in my opinion and should all be found guilty and put away.

Joybubble55