Ann Curry

NBC's $10 MILLION MISTAKE

6/22/2012 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Ann Curry $$$.
Ann Curry will get her walking papers from the "Today" show next week, and NBC will pay dearly for its blunder -- because network sources tell us she's under a contract that guarantees her $10 million a year.

Our sources tell us Ann signed a new contract almost a year ago to the day, when she took over as co-anchor of "Today." Under the deal, Ann gets a cool $10 mil, and it's a long-term contract.  We're told she's guaranteed that amount for 3 years.

Network sources tell us ... the likely scenario is that Ann will become a foreign correspondent for NBC News.

Short story ... she'll be the first foreign correspondent who will rake in an amount equal to the gross national product of some of the countries she will cover.

Fat Mike

Worst decision ever. Matt is a douche! Whoever is firing her should start packing their own bags, as they'll be getting fired within 6 months when ratings plummet.
Good luck, Ann.

Smokie

So what was her blunder?

LC

She is a good damn reporter, but today show is not the place for her.... She is 20/20, Dateline, ABC News World... and The Today Show sorry she is to much for the show..

BigJigga304

NBC...NOTHING BUT COMEDY! Every decision they make is wrong over there, maybe Magic Johnson should buy the network

Fat Mike

Hey TMZ, could you have a look at the IP's of the disparaging comments and hate votes towards Ann? I bet my balls they are all coming out of NYC. Even with them working hard to make her look bad, she still has the majority on her side (over 80% I'd think)

Karmaback

They should let Matt go. He is such an ass. So superior. Matt thinks he's so great. Thing is he can't get on the big network shows. He is looked at as Fluff and I think Ann makes him look bad when she gets assignment overseas. Ann is sweet and knows how do engage celebs. Yeah she made mistakes but so what. That show is boring because they are doing the same show the did 20 years ago.

Watch CBS and Charlie Rose.. fun and better format

Nancy

Good for her! I like Ann, and Matt Lauer would do well to remember he will meet the same folks on his way down that he stepped on while he was making his way to the top.

Pam

The Today Show is horrible.

I do not like any of the hosts. I miss Meredith, but completely understand that she wanted to spend more time with her husband, as his health is becoming more and more fragile.

Matt Laur is a complete jerk. The other female hosts do not have a brain cell between them. Didn't Matt Laur have an affair with Natalie Morales?

Ann is a true journalist, and I hope she leaves NBC and goes to ABC.

Until then, she will have $30 million dollars. Good Morning America is better by far.

ABB

GE/Kabletown sure knows how to sign contracts with their talent. Remember Leno/Conan?

hehe

foreign correspondent? they are gonna send her to the mid-east to get killed!

TemperateSoul

Good for her!

PUTO ENGENDRO DE CIRUGÍA AMARICONADO

para que tengo camaras en casa freaky capullo cutre???
me repatea el culo hacer las cosas que quieres que haga HIJO DE PERRA
leer es un acto de libertad, igual que vivir. Y YO ESTOY MUERTA POR TU CULPA HIJO DE PUTA, PORQUE NO TENGO LIBERTAD.

jkmorris

BRAVO FOR ANN! NBC IS A BIG SCREW UP. SHE IS BETTER OFF ANYWAY. SHE GAVE THE SHOW SOME CLASS AFTER MEREDITH LEFT. MATT IS JUST EATEN UP WITH HIMSELFMATT HAS A BIG HEAD!

Larry

I could have told NBC to get rid of Ann years ago. She speaks way, way too fast. So fast that she skips over words and syllables. She is also on too many shows and too many commercials. There was one drug commercial that she used to voice over, that was shown on every network and channel. She's got the voice of a woman who works on what used to be known as a sex phone.

I'd like to see NatMo as the main female co-host, but apparently Savannah Guthrie will get the job. Savannah is OK. Way better that speed-talker Ann.

Amber

Good for her!!! But, I have to ask who needs that kind of $$ each year??? These contracts etc are just insane!!! I'll be happy to take her place!! Call me! LOL