Ann Curry

NBC's $10 MILLION MISTAKE

6/22/2012 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Ann Curry $$$.
Ann Curry will get her walking papers from the "Today" show next week, and NBC will pay dearly for its blunder -- because network sources tell us she's under a contract that guarantees her $10 million a year.

Our sources tell us Ann signed a new contract almost a year ago to the day, when she took over as co-anchor of "Today." Under the deal, Ann gets a cool $10 mil, and it's a long-term contract.  We're told she's guaranteed that amount for 3 years.

Network sources tell us ... the likely scenario is that Ann will become a foreign correspondent for NBC News.

Short story ... she'll be the first foreign correspondent who will rake in an amount equal to the gross national product of some of the countries she will cover.

Kathy

Good for Ann on the millions and lucky her, being away from that schmo, Matt.

Areukiddingme?

The problem is Matt, not Ann. How can you have chemistry with a guy who kisses himself in the mirror every morning? I think Hoda and Ann would be great co-anchors, and Kathie Lee---well I'm sure there's a bar stool somewhere with her name on it.

nickp91

Since Meredith Vieira left the show and Curry has stepped in to replace her, the show’s ratings have hit an all-time low.

She's baaaack

Maybe it isn't Ann at all *cough*MATT*cough*. Maybe they should let her go and ABC can put her on while Robin Roberts is off for her bone marrow transplant. Ann has one of the best voices in the business.

Diane

Ann Curry has always been a professional newsperson which we don't see many of. What's happening to good news reporting ? We don't need fluff we need intelligent reporting which Ann is capable of. I will no longer watch the Today show.

b003

Boo friggin Hoo! She needs to stop crying and just roll around in her money.

pk

I'm glad she's going, she's a pain in the arse to watch.

rizzuto

I wonder how she feels about the 1%. Its amazing to me that you can report on occupy wall street in a good way and you are the very type of person that is included in their incoherent whining

LissaH

Good For Her! I would have stopped watching if they had fired her altogether.

LCS27

Which country has a GNP of 10 million? Tuvalu?

Ashley Bland

This infuriates me! It's like Jay Leno all over again! I was mad when Anne was skipped over when Katie Couic left ! I think she does a great job , so what if Matt doesn't feel like she makes him look good! My husband & I both have watched Today show for atleast 25 or more years & if they do this to Ann Coury We will be watching Good Morning America!!!!!

dee

She is being the scapegoat because the ratings are not what they used to be. I cannot stand Hoda or Kathie Lee and never watch their section of Today. I will switch permanently to GMA if she is given the job. Ann Curry is a bright woman..she has a more serious personality and Today has broken away from being a serious news show as in prior years. So have her do the the more serious stories and have Matt anchor alone. He can do it.

Minnesota Lakefish

Two key themes here for me: 1) Women are always publicized as having the problems. Remember when Meredith joined Today several years ago? The press labeled her as "flat, boring," etc. And, also remarked Ann should have gotten the job. Now that she's gotten it, she's being labeled by the same press as "flat, boring," etc. 2) The problem is the newer content of the show: Take Donnie Deutsch and Star Jones off, add more Al Roker w/Ann - those two are great together - and then you'll have a winner again.

Demi

I don't care for Matt Lier, but, NBC sure is taking some CURRY up their behind! Hahhahahahahaahah

Bing

Where oh where are the likes of Frank B., Jack L., And of course Dave G.? Ah yes, if J. Fred Muggs was still around HE would make a better host than Matt Me! Wish you well Ann. Peace.