Ann Curry

NBC's $10 MILLION MISTAKE

6/22/2012 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Ann Curry $$$.
Ann Curry will get her walking papers from the "Today" show next week, and NBC will pay dearly for its blunder -- because network sources tell us she's under a contract that guarantees her $10 million a year.

Our sources tell us Ann signed a new contract almost a year ago to the day, when she took over as co-anchor of "Today." Under the deal, Ann gets a cool $10 mil, and it's a long-term contract.  We're told she's guaranteed that amount for 3 years.

Network sources tell us ... the likely scenario is that Ann will become a foreign correspondent for NBC News.

Short story ... she'll be the first foreign correspondent who will rake in an amount equal to the gross national product of some of the countries she will cover.

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

I'm no mathematician but from the info in the story here it sounds like $20,000,000 that NBC has to pay her.

FLUX

Well, I like Ann Curry, she is humble. And now I can add, she is smart too!

Butterfly

A MESSAGE FOR ALL who stated they either, no longer watch, or will not watch Today, anymore, MOVE OVER and make room for ME! I am JOINING YOU!!!

Joanne P.

I switched over to Good Morning America a while ago. I love the anchors over there much better and they do a much better job of covering relevant stories. I am tired of Matt Lauer!

♥TMZ but ...

I just don't get the fuss about these morning shows and the overpaid hosts

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

I could'a told them all that for a $100. Same thing with Katie Cun7lick and Keith Olbermann and Rachel Madsow and Chris "Leg tinglin' Matthews and Brian "We got yer back O" Williams and ...........

Courtney

I've always liked Ann Curry and I"m sorry this is happening to her.

titty bangaa

ann curry is gittn fired cuz like every woman she isnt funny the only way 2 see a woman is on her back

Media Junkie

Ann Curry is a caring and excellent newswoman. The smug, cold Matt Lauer is the reason I now watch GMA and then turn back to the Today Show to see the last two hours. I'm glad Ann will be well-compensated, but what a heartbreak for her to lose her job. Mattt "Liar" is the one who stabbed Ann in the back, when HE is the real problem.

Ilse Korey

I have watched NBC's Today show for more than 25 years. If Ann Curry leaves, I'm moving to CBS or ABC. Mat Lauer has outlived his appeal - he sounds bored and patronizing.

Ann Curry, YOU ROCK!

One small voice for Ann, one huge roar of indignation against NBC!

I. Korey

Joyfullene

I do like Ann Curry's interview style. She is kind, compassionate, caring and genuine when she should be or can be professional and to the point when needed. I like the fact she doesn't "push the envelope". She tells the story and that is what I'm watching for. If I need provocative and envelope-pushing, I'd be watching a different network. Shame on Today show for making this so public and so negative. Ann Curry does not deserve that....nor does anyone. Show some respect for yourself, as well as others connected with the show. I agree with the one comment....maybe they should take a look at the other anchor for waning interest. If it had to be, I'm glad they have to pay her be big bucks, but even that does cover public humiliation. (don't both with negative comments, I won't be back to read them! )

Franklin Farrelct

Ann Curry is delightful and a class act. Maybe Matt is the problem!

julie

Shame on NBC for letting this news leak before finding an appropriate position for such a loyal employee. Did they forget all the dangerous, life threatening assignments she went on? ... and what a slap in the face it was when the searched the globe for an appropriate replacement for Katie?
Anne may not be as warm and fuzzy as Meredith or a perky as Katie, but she got her own kind of talent, as a news reporter. She belongs on Dateline where her class and demeanor stand out, or doing the 6:30 Evening News with Brian Williams and or Lester as a sub ... and if they move Hodi to that spot was the intention of having Regis join Katie Lee last Thursday a teaser of what they're thinking of for the future? BIG MISTAKES ALL AROUND!!

Sautxyca

NBC & Today had years to fine-tune it with 50-something Ann Curry. The network goofed. This must be excruciating for the dedicated and serious Curry. NBC owes her. Bets: Today's ratings will continue to slide and CBS is picking up the serious slack.

Sautxyca

NBC's Today is tired, stale and ingrown: Al Roker and Matt Lauer ... and now Hoda Kotb? Who but the comatose would tune in to that?