David Letterman

Rips Justin Bieber

for Ignorant Remark

6/22/2012 7:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062212_letterman_bieber_v2_launch
Justin Bieber is 18 years old ... and believes Michelangelo painted the "Sixteenth Chapel" ... and last night, David Letterman ripped him for it.

Bieber was showing off his new arm tattoo on the "Late Show" ... when Dave, acting like a cranky disapproving old man, reached over and grabbed the fresh ink, causing Justin to scream out in pain.

While Justin forced a smile, Dave continued to give the Canadian singer a hard time ... and then advised Bieber, "Don't go nuts [with the tattoos] ... because more and more you see like the mural ... like the Sistine Chapel, it's too much."

Bieber replied, "I'm not going for the Sixteenth Chapel."

Letterman laughed ... and quipped, "Canadian high school."

While there's really no excuse for not knowing about one of the most famous places on the face of the Earth, Justin was under attack from the moment he stepped foot on the stage.

So, we gotta ask ...

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

teecee

he was joking...

DougDiPlacido

Bieber is a crotch grabbing flake that is getting more and more like Michael Jackson every day. When will he hear he takes little boys to bed to "show them his love?"

Bay

Just saw Justin Bieber perfrom "Want To Be Your Boyfriend" on David Letterman! GROSS!!!!! He must have touched his crotch 50 times - very distracting - very disgusting -not impressed with the choreography or the song!

Bay

Just saw Jusin Bieber perform "Want To Be Your Boyfriend" on David Letterman- Gross! Must have grabbed himself in the crotch 50 times- disgusting and very distracting from the music! Not impressed with the choreography or the song!

Bay

Oh, and then he put his hand on Dave's shoulder - cringe!

Gabriel

David Letterman is my favorite late night talk show host of all time; however what he did to that kid was wrong. I am not a fan of Beiber, but I also do not like picking on people and that is what Letterman did, physically and mentally. The guest could have been anyone and his actions would still make him look bad.

I was reading that Letterman may have been acting out because of a previous interview where Beiber was rude and childish; but thats what he is, a kid, and Letterman should have been the adult and the better man.

It is a sad day, one of my favorite people let me down yesterday. I will not look at him the same way. Sucks!

John

To be fair, Justin was educated in French. In that language, the Sisteen Chapel is called "La chapelle Sixtene."

mtnwew

...

mtnwew

I love justin bieber 4ever. i think latter man was jealous of justin. it took latter man his whole life to get this success. it took justin few years and he is so gifted with so many things.other people who say bad things about justin are so jealous and are a low life looser and has nothing else to do. And has no self esteam so they make fun of him. i hate jealous people. stupid world

Josh

Lmao who cares!? ..I can't say I'm a beiber at all, but really.. it's so easy to make fun of someone who is under a microscope and every word you say is heard. Can you honestly say at 18 that you were some sort of scholar or even now at that?! Funny thing is most Americans cant even find our country on a map let alone pretend they knew what the sistine chapel is....until they went and googled it!! ..lol give me a break you bunch of haters!

Josh

Josh

Josh

Lmao who cares!? ..I can't say I'm a beiber fan at all, but really.. it's so easy to make fun of someone who is under a microscope and every word you say is heard. Can you honestly say at 18 that you were some sort of scholar or even now at that?! Funny thing is most Americans cant even find our country on a map let alone pretend they knew what the sistine chapel is....until they went and googled it!! ..lol give me a break you bunch of haters!

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22