Karen Klein

Bus Monitor Gets Apology

from Little Bastards

6/22/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0622_karen_klein_01
Karen Klein -- the 68-year-old school bus monitor who was verbally abused by a gang of students in NY -- has FINALLY received an apology from 2 of the little jerks.

The statements of apology were written to Karen ... but have since been released by police.

One letter -- penned by a boy named Josh -- reads, "I am so sorry for the way I treated you."

Josh continues ... "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean and I will never treat anyone this way again."

Another student -- identified as Wesley -- penned a note that read, "I feel really bad about what I did. I wish I had never done those things. If that had happened to someone in my family, like my mother or grandmother, I would be really mad at the people who did that to them."

Karen has said she feels bad for the little kids who bullied her. If you haven't seen the original full video, click here. Or watch below (WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE).

Now we gotta ask ...

kv

I'm glad they have written notes, but I'm sure their parents made them. The little ****s deserve to be punished. Kicked off the bus maybe and some kind of community service

Tammy

I think that the kids AND thier parents need to get some counseling. They need to do some service in a retirement center also. Forgive yes, forget NO. Not until they have actually done something to make up for this. My heart goes out to Mrs. Klein.

shangie

What the heck are these parents doing that they are not aware that their kids act like this. Honestly I can not believe this was the first time they did this. Maybe if we also start holding the parents accountable, they will step up and start "parenting". Oh and I'm sorry if now your child and your family are receiving bullying calls....but maybe now you know how that "lady" felt. These kids need to spend alot of time doing some serious community service and not just raking leaves. Make it someting so nasty and disgusting that they will think twice about doing it again. We need to deter these kids by making them think. (ohhhh if I do this again my mom, dad and I have to clean the school bathrooms for a year for example) I'm sorry a letter just doesn't cut it.

debra perry

i highly disapprove of what you called these kids.....they are not bastards, yes they are bullies, but NO ONE should ever call a kid a bastard!!!

Petals1228

The only reason they apologized is because of all the media attention. They should be ashamed of themselves.

BB not bb

Listen what they are saying is just crazy smack talk. If they hate her for being fat, their parents are most likely fat because a third of adults are obese and two thirds are overweight. If they mock her for eating Twinkies and McDonalalds's what do they eat? Are they organic vegans? If they were, I dont' think they would be so vicious and belligerant anyway. They must eat that same food also.

The reason they are picking on her is because they hear adults talk down about other people for being overweight. There is an obesity epidemic and people are blamed for it and their right to buy certain foods is quesitoned all the time.

She is not some flashy hoocchie type like maybe the kids are used to seeing adults look like, so they think she is not normal. They think they can challenge people who are not normal like all the fashion police shows that forbid people from dressing down and simply.

spacecadet2023

Maybe I might be speaking in the moment here but I think those kids should be suspended for an extended period of time, be given community service, and not only that, but it should be noted in their academic record of what they did when they apply to University.

Rebecca

Where the hell was the drive you cant tell me he did not hear this crap going on.. I hope that they invesagate that also ......And for the kids that is sad they need there asses wooped off them,And they told this poor woman they would cut her up that should be a little jail time there .... Heart goes out to her .

Sharmain

I FEEL SO TERRIBLE FOR THIS LOVELY WOMAN! SHAME ON THOSE KIDS AND THEIR PARENTS. SHAME! THAT KID SITTING BEHIND HER IS A MONSTER AND DESERVES TO BE REPRIMANDED. WOW, THIS IS HOW THE YOUTH ARE BEING RAISED TODAY. I COULDN'T EVEN WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO . SO HEARTBREAKING!!!!!!!!!

ValVal

HA. They deserve punishment, like doing hard work. I saw the video last night and was absolutely disgusted by this. What pisses me off more are the parents who refused to punish the kids for being *******s.
I don't believe they learned their lessons, someone needs to teach them. As for the lady, I heard the funds for her vacation went from $5,000 to $400,000. I hope you have a relaxing time.

Curious

I just want to congratulate Mrs. Klein for staying on that bus and trying to do her job when, lets face it...most of us would have just gotten off the bus or slapped those kids silly. What they said was so unbelievably cruel, that I shudder to think what they r saying and or/doing to their own classmates they dont like as well! They have serious lack of empathy and respect for others, and that is positively frightening. I hope they and their families are all brought into the media scrutiny over this so THEY get to be filmed like the little (insert choice expletive here) they are and be humiliated...eye for an eye....sometimes embarassment goes a long way in correcting bad behavior.

kali

Their parents are probably the nasty posters on tmz...just sayin'

tgrfan42069

if this were me i would tell them i dont want no stinking empty letter apology. an apology should come because they wanted to.im sure the public out rage and parents forced this.it really means nothing

Joybubble55

That isn't enough because of there behavior.... Too late for hurting a ver sweet woman... Brats.....

kitnplayn

The U.S.A. is the biggest chihole on the planet. Americans need to learn that apologies are for things you didn't mean to impact on someone else, they are not an escape route for bad behaviour. The only thing worse than these ignorant, abusive snotnoses, is the chitkraps that raised them to be inhumane, heartless and disrespectful to the elders of the culture. Empty, brainless, heartless sheep.