Karen Klein

Bus Monitor Gets Apology

from Little Bastards

6/22/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0622_karen_klein_01
Karen Klein -- the 68-year-old school bus monitor who was verbally abused by a gang of students in NY -- has FINALLY received an apology from 2 of the little jerks.

The statements of apology were written to Karen ... but have since been released by police.

One letter -- penned by a boy named Josh -- reads, "I am so sorry for the way I treated you."

Josh continues ... "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean and I will never treat anyone this way again."

Another student -- identified as Wesley -- penned a note that read, "I feel really bad about what I did. I wish I had never done those things. If that had happened to someone in my family, like my mother or grandmother, I would be really mad at the people who did that to them."

Karen has said she feels bad for the little kids who bullied her. If you haven't seen the original full video, click here. Or watch below (WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE).

Now we gotta ask ...

kristan weist

I will bet my last dollar if those kids said to me what they said to poor Karen, I would have had my foot so far up that one kids ass, and shoved the camera phone down that other little f**kers mouth so he chokes on it and dies. That woman didn't do anything to deserve that! What that tells me is that these kids parents are just as big of pieces of sh*t then they are b/c they had to learn that behavior from somewhere. I never acted like that. My dad and mom would have kicked my ass!

Ariana_Morningstar

These children only feel bad for getting caught.

KLB

Maybe Ms. Klein should employ the George Zimmerman method of dealing with out of control and disrespectful kids.

sotiredofthis

In my day, if I were one of those kids, I wouldn't be typing this right now. I'd love to see the follow-up with regard to each of the parents and exactly how they deal with punishment/or not. Will speak volumes.

Liza

I don't understand why the driver of the bus didn't stop and call the police to corrall these "children" off the bus and taken to juvi.

Neil

If only these parents pulled out before these mistakes happened. How do you pick on an old women, I guess there not use to having an older grandmother that they should respect since their grandparents are probably in their late 20's.

Chris

This story really hits home for me because, I'm really close with my Grandma and I could only imagine what her family must be thinking/ feeling about what she endured. Yes, I understand kids will be kids and it's hard to stand up for yourself let alone someone else at a yound age so majority of kids succumb to peer pressure. However, this woman did nothing wrong and deserves praise for instead deciding to teach the kids life's BIGGEST lesson, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anthing at all."
An apology can be accepted or not based on Ms. Klein, but I hope these kids understand what they did was wrong and use this video as a platform to remind them that bullying, especially at this calibre is embarrassing, hurtful and above all.... WRONG.

Liza

I wonder why the driver of he bus didn't stop and call the police to corrall these"children" off to juvi...

Jay

Middle school kids are foolish and yeah it was wrong what they did but i also think it was dumb and stupid to hire an elderly lady to be a bus monitor who instead of taking charge and setting the rules weakened and began to cry. She didnt monitor the situation instead she became scared and let things get out of control. They should have someone of strong character and authority... And the money yeah rite there i dont understand people these days they give up there money to bus monitor who failed to do her job.

Marvins Mom

Gary is right.This woman failed to do her job. At no point did she present herself as an authority figure. I would not want her insuring the saftey and well being of my child.

dorame80

Gosh I can not stand Harvey, for a "so call educated person" he learned a couple weeks ago the words Chic's & banging......for and educated person to refer to WOMEN as chics....so dumb....refering to sex as banging.....does he think he sounds good, or now he's one of the guys. Before saying anything maybe the school bus lady needs her job and since she in the past has written up students and nothing was done....ask the authorities of the school what the rules are.....Dumb,Dumb Harvey.....

OMG

HOW SAD, THIS MADE TEARS COME DOWN MY FACE JUST TO KNOW U HAVE NO MORALS,RESPECT AND U ARE ALL HEARTLESS IF U WERE MY KIDS I WOULD PULL YOUR PHONES AND DISCONNECT THE SERVICE SHAME TO ALL OF U . I HOPE U TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND IF ONLY ONE OF U WOULD HAVE STOOD UP AND STOPPED YOUR FRIENDS BUT U ALL FAILED TO DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!

seriously

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN THE PARENTS FAIL TO RAISE THERI KIDS. THERES A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RAISING YOUR KIDS AND JUST LETTING THEM GET OLD UNDER YOUR ROOF WITHOUT STRUCTURE. THEY ARE LUCKY MY KIDS WERENT ON THERE CAUSE THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY. LUCKY BASTARDS

twinkletoes427

My head wanted to explode and kick these kids ass... Shame on the parents who allow these spoiled little brats. No respect at all. Its freaking unbelievable how the bus driver did not do nothing either to stop the bus and tell them to get the hell out of it. Disgusted by how kids these days have no respect for anyone.

brodieman2k

I love the way tmz deletes comments! ****ing hacks!