Karen Klein

Bus Monitor Gets Apology

from Little Bastards

6/22/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0622_karen_klein_01
Karen Klein -- the 68-year-old school bus monitor who was verbally abused by a gang of students in NY -- has FINALLY received an apology from 2 of the little jerks.

The statements of apology were written to Karen ... but have since been released by police.

One letter -- penned by a boy named Josh -- reads, "I am so sorry for the way I treated you."

Josh continues ... "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean and I will never treat anyone this way again."

Another student -- identified as Wesley -- penned a note that read, "I feel really bad about what I did. I wish I had never done those things. If that had happened to someone in my family, like my mother or grandmother, I would be really mad at the people who did that to them."

Karen has said she feels bad for the little kids who bullied her. If you haven't seen the original full video, click here. Or watch below (WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE).

Now we gotta ask ...

Jessica Ortiz

I do believe in FORGIVENESS.....However, I think these children should be taught a lesson and for Heaven sakes they cannot be let off with no punishment. What they did was CRUEL to all HUMANITY and GOD plz help these kids and their families.

David

Those kids wrote apologized letters because they already know they got harassing by people who know about their family, parent's coworker information, the place they live and so on. I was wondering those letter possible wrote by their own parents anyway. No, they are not deserve to be forgive. If they just get forgive their mistake, they will repeat the same mistake again but different target.

mark

I have to give credit to Karen, she has a thicker skin and a ton a patients, she was able to keep her composure as much as she did. Punishment needs to be swift and stearn, if we give them a pass they will do it again to someone else. Community Service is a great thing for them to do during their summer break. That is a start!

Morganna

What people fail to realize is that when you fail to forgive, you carry the baggage with you until it eats you from the inside out.

erica

Jesus forgave us while dying on a cross, I think the kids can be forgiven for their actions. I IN NO WAY think what they did is OK, and I think they should face charges of harassment in an actual court, BUT forgiveness isn't just for the perpetrator, its for the victim. You can't move on until you forgive.

Nory

When I was a kid, I was taught to respect adults. Kids nowadays need a good ass whooping. Americans have become Pu$$y@$$ parents who don't even take control of their own children due to the fears imposed by the system. No judge or law will ever tell me how to raise my children.

John

The terrible punishment I would wreak upon all of these hateful little monsters would have them screaming for mercy and shaking with fear as one by one they waited. And where the hell was the driver all the time this was going on. He or She should be fired. No forgiveness for this. And by the way, why are they not being arrested for hate crimes? And assault. Fine upstanding parents all of these criminals have. Yes, real excellent parents.

hollisterco

What the parents of these kids that bullied karen need to do is go on tv alongside their kids and on national television apologize to karen for what they did to her. If these kids act this way towards an adult they dont even know, i can only imagine how bad they must bully kids their own age at their school. They seriously need to be expelled and with all the suicides from bullying you see each year, i think every school should have a zero tolerance for any sort of bullying no matter if you're staff or student. These kids will probably only get a slap on the wrist for their actions which is not fair at all. what is wrong with kids growing up and acting the way they do now?
I grew up knowing best not to EVER disrespect any adult that way or in any other way. And respect your elders was in my head at all times no matter how much a teacher pissed me off. And where in the world are the parents stepping up to apologize to Karen as well? When i watched that video it almost brought me to tears to see her cry.

Jill

She's the adult, they are children.....Take control of the situation that's your job as a bus MONITOR. There are kids like these everywhere, it is the adult's responsibility to ensure the safety of all aboard, why the hell else would they go to the extent to get a bus monitor. If your not suited to the job, don't do it!

nathan

I feel the parents need to be ticked for what there kids did. Also the kids need to be punished for treating their elders that way. What is wrong with parents and kids these days. So sick. I wouldnt dare talk to my elders that way or anyone. I would have my a@@ beat. And these kids today need it.....

anabelle30

First of all where the heck was the driver during all off this??? Why weren't they doing anything??? And second the way these kids were acting reflects on the parents. Because there is no way my child would ever disrespect ANYONE that way. Parents, it's time to instill right from wrong and instill some morals in your children. And most of all instill some love TO them. Bullying has gotten to a whole other level now. If we have to look to the future based on kids like these this world is doomed.

Gina

I just have to say I would not be surprised if most of all of these kids end up in jail in the near future for actions relating to sex crimes. unless the parents and the community take action now these kids are looking at a long and somewhat lonely life in prison as adults. just my observation.

courtney

OMG!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THESE KIDS ARE SO DISRESPECTFUL!!!!!! THIS MADE ME TEAR UP!!! NO JK!!!!!!!! WHY WHY WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SO CRUEL!!!!! I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT MADE THOSE BOYS WANT TO SAY AND DO THOSE THINGS TO THAT POOR LADY!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!1

kelsey morgan

they are horrible im in middle school and i have talked mean to people so has my circle i hang out with we r douches top the 10th degree but we know were to draw the line and i am so soory those kids did that to her

JJ

I would like to slap the s*** out of those smartass kids. Really. What in the **** makes them think that you can talk to another person that way, let alone an adult. My dad would have kicked my ass for talking to an adult that way when I was little. It is a shame that kids act this way.