Karen Klein

Bus Monitor Gets Apology

from Little Bastards

6/22/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0622_karen_klein_01
Karen Klein -- the 68-year-old school bus monitor who was verbally abused by a gang of students in NY -- has FINALLY received an apology from 2 of the little jerks.

The statements of apology were written to Karen ... but have since been released by police.

One letter -- penned by a boy named Josh -- reads, "I am so sorry for the way I treated you."

Josh continues ... "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean and I will never treat anyone this way again."

Another student -- identified as Wesley -- penned a note that read, "I feel really bad about what I did. I wish I had never done those things. If that had happened to someone in my family, like my mother or grandmother, I would be really mad at the people who did that to them."

Karen has said she feels bad for the little kids who bullied her. If you haven't seen the original full video, click here. Or watch below (WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE).

Now we gotta ask ...

Carl

I feel sorry for her, but I'm really confused about what her purpose on the bus actually was. Supposedly she is the bus monitor, which is the person that is supposed to keep the kids under control. I realize you can't smack them, but if I were the monitor and they started talking like that to me I would have put the fear of god in them and made it clear they were all getting reported to the school and their parents. These kids are only in 7th grade, so those kind of tactics would still work pretty well on them.

Anna

I voted "NO" ! People believe an apology is all it takes for things to get swept under the carpet! Kids in particular need to be taught a lesson (which seems they did not learn at home) early in life to carry them through into maturity....

Adrienne

**** THEM LITTLE BASTARDS!

royalredus

HAHA for once a TMZ headline that gets it right... "Little Bastards" indeed!!

Robert Donaghy

Forgive yes, because forgiveness is for yourself not for those jerks. Forget NO! They need to pay in some way for what they did, they are obviously writing "apology" letters to save their own ass......

6one9

If my kid did that
He would get a ass whooping
SO BAD
his head would spin!
A lot of kids `suck now a days
and parents don't even care
No one has consequences any more either
for their BAD behavior!
SICK OF IT!!! really!

thomas

There is ONE and only ONE reason the kids apologized; the video showed up. If it hadn't been for the video the kids never would have apologized and would have continued to taunt her. It just shows that parents are raising kids who have no respect for anyone. I hope they don't try the taunting on a public bus; they might find themselves on the receiving end of a gun.

Amy

Maybe if these little punks got disciplined just once in their lives instead of kids now a days doing whatever the hell they want because they know they can get away with this kind of behavior this never would of happened. Kids when I were in school were smart asses but we knew never to disrespect our elders.

mariah

No,little bastards are just sorry because of all the **** they are getting in,they should be beat and locked in a basement somewhere, throw them in a jail full of pedophiles!! lol

RLoe

I think this is disgusting! And the apologies are totally scripted by the parents. The parents probably just didn't want any heat on them so they prompted their kids to "apologize". And to whomever made the comment here that "most of us forgot what its like to be a young kid they make mistakes no one is perfect", this is BEYOND a mistake. I was a kid once, and I was far from perfect. However I knew better than to treat an elder this way. First off, my parents would have beat my ass, then my grandparents would have beat my ass, then I would have been made to work for this woman for free until I was a legal adult! It is outrageous that the kids weren't expelled from school. The whole situation is ridiculous, from the lack of punishment, to protecting the "children's" identities. They should be outed, and so should their parents. People need to stop being scared to parent their children, and start instilling some values in their kids again!

Jan

The boys are sorry THEY got in trouble.

These kids need to have their computers, cell phones, music,TV, Movies,& radios taken away from them for the entire summer. They should be on house arrest all summer and be forced to do yard work, house work,clean toilets, and READ.

LittleMo

Forgiving is a good thing but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be severe consequences for the behavior. Karen is extremely kind-hearted and she's fortunate to have the strength to have weathered this kind of treatment. Not everyone who is bullied can stand it and rise above it. Look at Tyler Clementi, the girl from Ireland, and all the other kids who, for all kinds of reasons, have committed suicide over bullying. Karen's heart is in the right place, but it would be a far better service to make these kids deal with whatever criminal charges can be brought against them and face the consequences of those charges than to have even one of them decide a year from now to do this again only this time the victim takes his or her life because of the bullying.

Your Mom

Apology schmology.... These lil brats need to learn a lesson. If this lady really doesn't want to press charges, the parents should make these boys do a LOT of volunteer work. I think they should all have to spend time with this lady. Help her with cleaning the house, run errands... get to know the lady they told to kill herself and repeatedly told her she was fat. The more more time they spend with her, the more they will possibly look @ her like a grandmother and forever kick themselves for the very harsh things they said to her. I really think charges should be put in place. Even if they get off easy. How can we encourage NOT to be a bully when nothing happens to one's who are doing it? I don't think they should be sent to jail BUT I do think they need a LOT of community service hours.

mommalette

i think they should be forgiven, we need to teach our children that being able to forgive someone is a big thing to do. i have needed alot of forgiveness in my life so i am able to take apologies from people because i kno how it feels to be sorry.

Dose Of Reality

Public apologies are weak. They deserve punishment. How about a little trip to scared straight and a summer of picking up trash on the side of the road, that should do it.
Then again with fairy names like Wesley and Josh, their parents punished them enough. When interviewed she said she felt like hitting the kids, I can't say I blame her. Kids have no respect or fear of adults these days and when they get older, it only gets worse.