Karen Klein

Bus Monitor Gets Apology

from Little Bastards

6/22/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0622_karen_klein_01
Karen Klein -- the 68-year-old school bus monitor who was verbally abused by a gang of students in NY -- has FINALLY received an apology from 2 of the little jerks.

The statements of apology were written to Karen ... but have since been released by police.

One letter -- penned by a boy named Josh -- reads, "I am so sorry for the way I treated you."

Josh continues ... "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean and I will never treat anyone this way again."

Another student -- identified as Wesley -- penned a note that read, "I feel really bad about what I did. I wish I had never done those things. If that had happened to someone in my family, like my mother or grandmother, I would be really mad at the people who did that to them."

Karen has said she feels bad for the little kids who bullied her. If you haven't seen the original full video, click here. Or watch below (WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE).

Now we gotta ask ...

Rellie Rell

Forgive them yes, but also make them work and understand that this behavior IS NOT acceptable. They should be punished and be required to conduct some community service. What has happened to kids respecting their elders? SMH

jbeans

Their parents must be so proud! Then again, where did they learn this behavior? I was brought up to respect my elders

Momof3

I think the comments here actually, interestingly, parallel what these kids have done in a mob. It's so easy to spew disgusting words in a forum or make death threats to children in anonymity - as it is to spew nastiness in a 'mob'. In both scenarios, accountability seems to grey. Don't get me wrong I would be horrified if one of my kids did this. These kids should be ashamed of what they did - but so should those making death threats and spewing hate ( ie. wishing sexual abuse upon them). You are no better....maybe worse, as presumably you are fully grown up.

pam

These kids need to be grounded, lose their bus privileges and do some community service. And then the school board needs to figure out why a deaf, physically compromised, 68 year old was working as a school bus attendant in the first place. Her job was to maintain order and keep children safe, yet she could not even manage to stand up and yell at the driver to stop the bus. What if a fight had broken out amongst the kids, or if their was an accident and she had to act quickly? How do you keep children safe on a bus when you can not even hear what is going on? I am sorry for what happened to her. Those kids were all kinds of wrong. But, she never should have been on that bus to begin with. As for the money they are collecting for her, give me a break. Anyone with a customer service job has been treated worse. As for the kids, they don't deserve all of the vicious hate that's coming their way either. Punish them and hope they learn from it. As for all of the media who are sensationalizing the whole thing, look in your own mirror. When half the stuff on TV is reality shows about people behaving badly, how do you expect children to behave?

shewentwhoa

karma

Estrella

Lil *******s..

whatever

everybody deserves to be forgivin,,but they should be dealt with,they new what they were doing,and if you dont agree your an idiot and your whats wrong with this country!

nicaw

My mom is 68 and I promise you, all that taunting and bullying would not have happened to her. She would have nipped that 'ish in the bud. Actually, we would be watching a different video with her probably cursing these kids out making them cry.

Joan K

I love it that she now has enough money to retire and enjoy her life. These little creeps will get their punishments and I hope this is something that they learn a lesson and now are going to respect their elders. God bless that lady for not loosing it , I don't know what I would have done or said if I would have been in her place.

Charisma

WOW TMZ, I can not believe you have left JOKERCHICK's comments (first page) to remain. You do realize they posted the phone numbers of some of the boys in the video?

Rosalie

A forced apology is not a true apology

Someone should treat their grammy like that and make them watch it and see how they squirm

little bastards

Rosalie

a forced apology is not a true apology

send them to camp with Sandowsky

Cheryl Reedy

Kids today truely break my heart

Bloomcounty.USA

They should have to do community service before they apologize ... as it stands, I think the remorse is more about how it's impacting their families. Think about it, if that video hadn't gone viral exactly how "sorry" do you think any of these little a--holes would feel? It's the fact that they're dealing with intense public shaming that these apologies are coming to the forefront. Of course they're going to try to worm their way out of it, especially given that it's being reported that the families and friends are getting harassing phone calls. I think they need to grovel a bit, do some volunteer hours and then revisit the apology after they've truly allowed it all the sink in. They shouldn't be allowed to ride that bus again, that's a privilege ... can't believe that they were harassing the senior citizen bus monitor that was on the bus to ensure KIDS wouldn't be harassed by jerks like these dumbasses. Yeah, no mercy coming from me. I was a little rough when I was younger, but I was ALWAYS respectful to senior citizens, ALWAYS.

WHAT IN THE WORLD

Some type of discipline is in order for what these miserable little morons did to that wonderful lady. She cried, but she could have had a heart attack or worse! Make their sorry asses work it off some kind of way. And don't forget the parents! They bred these monsters and maybe, just maybe the parents need to have an intense lesson in respect for elders!