Karen Klein

Bus Monitor Gets Apology

from Little Bastards

6/22/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0622_karen_klein_01
Karen Klein -- the 68-year-old school bus monitor who was verbally abused by a gang of students in NY -- has FINALLY received an apology from 2 of the little jerks.

The statements of apology were written to Karen ... but have since been released by police.

One letter -- penned by a boy named Josh -- reads, "I am so sorry for the way I treated you."

Josh continues ... "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean and I will never treat anyone this way again."

Another student -- identified as Wesley -- penned a note that read, "I feel really bad about what I did. I wish I had never done those things. If that had happened to someone in my family, like my mother or grandmother, I would be really mad at the people who did that to them."

Karen has said she feels bad for the little kids who bullied her. If you haven't seen the original full video, click here. Or watch below (WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE).

Now we gotta ask ...

hatedrama

KI.DS TODAY DO NOT KNOW WHAT COMMON SENSE AND RESPECT MEAN. tHE PARENTS LEAVE IT UP TO THE SCHOOLS TO TEACH THIS AND THATS JUST SHAMEFULL. THERE ARE GOOD KIDS OUT THERE AND BUT THEY ALL GET LUMPED INTO ONE POT WITH THE MEAN ONES. I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT JUST LOOK AT THE PARENTS AND YOU CAN SEE HOW THE KIDS WILL BE BUT THATS NOT ALWAYS THE CASE.

hatedrama

That bus driver should have stopped the bus and kick those kids to the curb.

BB not bb

Listen they probably hurt her feelings but now she got $450,000 out of it so I guess she came out on top really. I think it is just shameful to allow kids to act like this. Maybe she really felt helpless but it kind of looked like she was trying not to care. It is really her job to care though. That is what she is being paid for, to maintain order on the bus.

I know teachers used to yell and scared kids. Maybe they are afraid to now. If you yell and get mad, they back down, but then their parents come and try to get you fired. The kids know they deserved it but they parents think their kids are too special to be put in their places.

If cops started crying every time they were called names, they wouldn't be able to do their jobs. Sometimes they ignore it, sometimes they go crazy and take revenge and get away with it, and sometimes do they cry and hide? I doubt it.

TJ

Hateful, selfish generation coming up! Look out world! No morals, no kindness,no religion. Pathetic to see the elderly treated so shamefully. Have you ever tried to control a bunch of bratty kids? The adults are afraid of them. They prey on the weak.

Tracey

Ok so I have a son and if I found out he pulled anything like this it would be the last time my kid ever saw daylight. I have raised my son to be respectful and he spoke to another human being this way, he would lose every privilege know to man. No phone, no computer, no TV. He would only be allowed out of his room for school, meals and bathroom breaks. I also know that I would kick his ass six ways from Sunday. I hope these parents really and I mean really punish those boys.

Melissa

Couldn't even watch it all, it was too heartbreaking. Thats someones grandmother! If she was my grandma, that would be the last ****in thing those pricks ever did. Jesus forgives, but I would get even

Crystal

If I heard either of my sons speaking to ANYBODy like that, Im am beating their asse$ into tomorrow! These kids' need to be prosecuted for bullying. There is a law against that. It shouldn't matter whether its an adult or not As$holeS!

Shane!

Well if you treat kids like kids they are going to act like kids. These bus monitors are dumb and a waste of tax money. If she was doing her job she wouldn't have got bullied.
And she is fat and does look like a troll.

Crystal

And this lady has the patience of a SAINT! If that were myself on the bus, lets just say Id be in jail. Tough lady for restraining herself like that.

Gretel

That whole thing was so awful and cruel but even worse than what those kids were saying to her was the fact that they were beginning to touch her. I think this was the beginning of a Lord of the Flies scenario and the kid who thought he was so cool putting his video out there may never know what he stopped from happening. I really believe those rabid little animals would have caused her physical harm eventually.

Terriwith2arfs

What rotten "children"! I don't think they should EVER be allowed back on a school bus. Let their neglectful parents schlep them back and forth to school. Hopefully, that poor woman will never have to ride another school bus and can use that money as retirement compensation. Those parents are just as much at fault... obviously they don't know enough to teach respect to their offspring. They should make those rotten bastards work their asses off taking care of that woman's house and yard until they turn 18. Too bad she won't press charges... she should.

Amanda0421

I have a comment for the fat, white guy with the nasty handle bar mustache @TMZ.... You said that Karen was weak and she shouldn't have broke down and started crying?! Obvioulsy you don't have kids, a grandmother or mother or possibly even a soul. This was not Karen's fault, this was the fault of these kid's parent's and the fault of these kids. I have a 9 year old son who knows to respect his elder's and that hurting someone's feeling's isn't "cool". He also knows that you do not prey on the "weak". These kid's are 12 and 13 years old! They know the difference between right and wrong, or they should. As a grown ass man, you should know that had she defended herself, in anyway, she could have easily had a lawsuit slapped in her face because she is an adult involved with the school system. All in all, you are an idoit. Maybe that is your mother's fault, because obviously you don't think people should take responsibility for their own actions. You are one of those people i look at and think..." Wow, and he was the fastest swimmer?"

BB not bb

I don't begrudge this lady her brighter day, but I think it is creepy how people act so shocked that something like this could happen. Ask anyone who works with junior high kids and see if they think it is a piece of cake. Kids that age have always been bad like this, they put it all out there and are feeling their boundaries. They test the adults to see how far they can push them because they are starting to feel like adults themselves.

Kids start out sweet and nice but that wears off the more they are left to their own devices. If they are not reared properly, their ego natures take over and let them run wild. I bet you these kids all have parents that back them up no matter what. That is why they aren't afraid to push the limits of decency, law and order.

Bullies need to be stopped and especially by the bus monitors and other authorities in the school. That is a part of the job that is often neglected and that is what I think is the sick thing about this country any more, not that some kids are spoiled brats.

TJ

School teachers deserve a gold medal!! A hard, thankless job!

Sully

Another example of the pussification of our kids...spare the rod and make excuses for little Johnny to save his self-esteem. what a load. If I did this when I was a kid in parochial school i'd be sweating which beating would be worse, the one from the nuns or the one my parents (BOTH) would have given me for disrespecting an adult and using language like that. But where did they learn this hatred? From Mom and dad. Why did they act like this? Because she's a little old lady and they knew she wouldn't do anything. Posting it on Youtube, to humiliate her and get a laugh out of it. The things they said to this women, including asking where she lived so they could terrorize her some more demonstrate how they'd escalate this more. What I'd do is find a few kids their age that are a little bigger than them from another town and pay them $100 each to wait for them at the bus stop and kick the living crap out of them...that's all little Johnny will understand.