Karen Klein

I DON'T Accept

the Kids' Apologies

6/22/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

062212_bus_lady_tmzlive_launch
Karen Klein tells TMZ ... she DOES NOT accept the apologies issued by the kids who taunted her on a NY school bus ... claiming "I think they can do better."

Two of the devil children penned letters of apology to the 68-year-old bus monitor ... after the video went viral this week. Klein also got a letter from the parents of a boy who participated in the incident.

But Karen and her daughter just called in to "TMZ Live" ... saying they're just not ready to forgive.

Klein also says she has a few suggestions about how the kids should be punished.

Klein says she's blown away by the outpouring of support she's received -- and has already come up with a few ideas on how to spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars people have donated to her.

Carol

I wouldn't except the brats apology either. They only apologized because their mommies made them.

rena

I think those kids need a slap upside there heads,it says alot about the parents when the kids are talkin **** like that,if my son or daughter talked to an older person like that they would get fixed up in a hurry!

Dirty white Boy

I am sickined by the behavior. at what point and time does this become unexceptable.it makes me ashamed to be human. take it from someone who no longer has a mother or grandmothers and would give half an ass to spend just a minute with someone as lovely as her..send those kids to me at my club house in Detroit they would learn quickly about respect Detroit zulus M/C

D

she is just a bitter old BI$%^ that probably said something to provoke it...her interview made my case as she sounded evil

Anaya

At this point this bitch is just milking it. It was bullying but at the same time she didn't try to correct their behavior. Maybe it's me but when a 5 year old gets called fat we tell them to brush it off and move on, but when a 68 year old gets called fat we donate tons of money and give the kids death threats?
Okay America.

judith

regarding Mz. Klein, this country is getting all to soft and PC! These little demons ought to be CANE'd like the juvenile delinquent from the usa who several years ago was overseas with his family and caught destucting property. There would be alot of little demons who may think more than once before they did something so wrong.

Caligurl510

Bet if she was black number 1) it wouldnt have went online, 2) the kids on the bus would have never said sorry,3) and third no money would have ever been a consideration. I feel bad for her but really all these bad ass kids do this on the school buses. This is really blow out more than it should be, why cant we use money were it really needs to go jst sayin!!!!

bjay

She doesn't need fake apologies now. I'm glad that she can retire now, although I don't really understand why she deserves that much money. She was paid to monitor that bus, not go for a nice ride twice a day. She rode that bus approx. 360... times this past school year and never once wrote those brats up. I feel bad for any innocent child on that bus that was counting on her to help them. And now she's being rewarded with over a half million dollars for failing those children. What a crazy world.

Richard Horseman

It is shame that kids today do not show the respect our elders deserve, its part of humanity that definitely seems to be on the wane in this day and dage

Agi Cohen

Some here are immature. Ms. Klein is right. First of all, she should have been more proactive in her job of "monitor" from the start! Now, she shouldn't accept the lame apologies that the kids are "made" to give! This is the worst age group; all they know is intimidation...from each other and adults. They need punishment they understand.

mrsmod

shame on american kids and their parents.....yes parents don't know everything but this is something else...they have witnessed this somwehere probably in the home

lukuj

"I'm sorry + a nickel =5 cents. I don't blame the woman for not accepting the apology. These kids need to PROVE they are sorry by their behavior on the bus and elsewhere from now on - though I don't think they should be allowed to ride the bus for the next school year and perhaps longer. Too many kids just say the words as though they are a get out of jail car. Say you are sorry and everything is fine again. In truth, you have to SHOW your sorrow by reforming the offending behavior. The proof is in the effort to do better over a period of time.

Deborah

When you don't forgive and harbor bad feelings, it is like drinking poison and hoping the other person will die.

mokiami

Why the hell should Karen Klein return money to compassionate benefactors? Maybe, just maybe she will never have to step foot on one of those hellholes again.

I hope she uses her money wisely.

Jmill

Don't get me wrong, the children were wrong for what they did. If the the story is really true about how much money was raised for the woman, I think that is wrong. There are so many people in need right now. Too many people here in America are homeless and hungry. That money could have helped many people put a roof over their heads.