Karen Klein

I DON'T Accept

the Kids' Apologies

6/22/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

062212_bus_lady_tmzlive_launch
Karen Klein tells TMZ ... she DOES NOT accept the apologies issued by the kids who taunted her on a NY school bus ... claiming "I think they can do better."

Two of the devil children penned letters of apology to the 68-year-old bus monitor ... after the video went viral this week. Klein also got a letter from the parents of a boy who participated in the incident.

But Karen and her daughter just called in to "TMZ Live" ... saying they're just not ready to forgive.

Klein also says she has a few suggestions about how the kids should be punished.

Klein says she's blown away by the outpouring of support she's received -- and has already come up with a few ideas on how to spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars people have donated to her.

Sally

Those kids need to be punished so that they realize that bullying is not allowed. Just think people, those bullies will be your future. Scary isn't it? I am happy to see people are donating for her to take a vacation - I am one of them who is donating - perhaps it will relieve some of the pain that she received as a result of the bullying.

Uh oh i am screwed

She said they wouldn't listen when she told them to stop. Just curious, what would she have done if it was a child on the bus being treated that way?

Reba

OMG Martina - keep us all up to date about this travesty - I bet the father that apologized for his son (but did not bring his #@%**& brat with him to apologize) is in fact the police officer!! I bet his reason for apologizing is that he hopes that he won't get sued!! What a town!
The reason (I believe) for all the donations is that everyone is hoping that this poor woman can retire with the money.
How does it feel s***bag brats to have your whole family threatened like you threatened that poor woman? It makes me feel real good!

alisemaria

I don't understand why people think they have the right dictate what others do with their own money. It's no one's business but hers. Its not like she asked for it either.

Corri7

Actually Yahoo news has a different story, TMZ!!! She felt sorry for them after they received several threats.

Rich

She NEVER said she wouldn't accept an apology. She NEVER suggested she wanted to press charges. These kids are an example of poor parenting....parents who have NOT impressed upon these these twits the fact...they will, hopefully, live to be elderly!

Meeeh

First off, this is probably the most disgusting thing I have seen in a while. This kind of behavior isn't a stupid mistake, it's a learned behavior that starts at home. I am so sick of parents that don't do their job, yet are the first to cry out "lawsuit!" or "don't touch my child!" if you won't do your job, dear god let someone. Kids anymore have no respect because our system favors the child, no matter how big of a$$holes they are. So far, I haven't seen one anti bullying tactic used by schools ever work because the consequence is nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Face it, if she would have said one thing back to these little sh*ts, she would have been reprimanded. You want bullying to stop? Slap the parents with a $1000 fine every time their child bullies another. Maybe then the parents will step up and be parents and give their kid the ass whooping they deserve. And for those saying she should donate her money to an anti bullying charity, umm, she is the victim. How about you donate and do your part rather than telling this woman how to spend her CHARITABLE DONATION from others for being bullied. It will be amazing how many worthless people try to come out with their stories of having their feelings hurt and asking for money. She didn't post the video, the dumb ass kids did as a way to further the humiliation. If this is the future of our country, it would be fair to consider it doomed.

fonzie

I was a Middle/HS teacher. I was the victim of something just like this. There is no respect ANYWHERE. I had a parent blame me for picking on his son...meanwhile his son, who happened to be very smart, literally hijacked my 10th grade English class. This country is in a lot of trouble. There is no chivalry, decency, or consequences. I left my profession to sell accessories. Sad.

sharmae

This is only the tip of the iceburg in the educational system. I have worked in education for 15+ years, been called every name in the book, and been told by Admin. to "grow a thicker skin". IF I had young children and were in a position to home school-you bet I would in a heartbeat!!! Our system is completely out of control. It's not education anymore, it's a business!! I could tell you stories that would make your toe nails curl! The public has no idea what goes on in the schools, and what is being swept under the rug on a daily basis. IF I was qualified for another line of work, I would walk tomorrow. There are some good people left, but they are fed up and are retiring/leaving.
NOTHING is done in these situations until it's made public!!!

UnknownCommenter

I wouldn't accept those bull**** apologies either.. Good job Karen. And just so you know people, someone started the donating thing for her, she didn't even want it. But now that she has so much support and people actually WANT her to go n a vacation and enjoy the rest of her life, rather then watching a bunch of bratty kids, I say LET HER DO IT!!

R

You can bet these snarky, little, demonic monster children didn't just all of a sudden break into taunt tongue this once. Betcha they have a history of being smoldering stench bags of putridity but they got caught this time.

Ginger

The little wussies should aplogize in person. They are cowards!

thestupid

Ill give her a hug but Im not giving her $10. Why would I? She wasnt robbed. People get their feelings hurt all the time.

Mandy

I think she should be a little more forgiving. It was a terrible terrible thing, but they are children. Hopefully they've learned how wrong they were to behave that way, but I also hope they can learn forgiveness.

taraza1

Why are people sending her money? She is still working. Stop; give to a great charity. Guezz folks think! As for forgiveness she is sending a fine example as they did what not to do. Forgiveness is very important for herself and others that know you. It is such a release, you are not a hostage. We really need to get back to common thinking....Scarry!