Karen Klein

I DON'T Accept

the Kids' Apologies

6/22/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

062212_bus_lady_tmzlive_launch
Karen Klein tells TMZ ... she DOES NOT accept the apologies issued by the kids who taunted her on a NY school bus ... claiming "I think they can do better."

Two of the devil children penned letters of apology to the 68-year-old bus monitor ... after the video went viral this week. Klein also got a letter from the parents of a boy who participated in the incident.

But Karen and her daughter just called in to "TMZ Live" ... saying they're just not ready to forgive.

Klein also says she has a few suggestions about how the kids should be punished.

Klein says she's blown away by the outpouring of support she's received -- and has already come up with a few ideas on how to spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars people have donated to her.

partypoisonmcr

how many people get beat for nothing in this country? this **** goes on every single day and one person gets it on youtube and gets half a million dollars? you all hate octomom for her poor decisions but bash her, did nothing to help her. You see a ten minute video of one person and lavish her in riches. I feel bad for her, but the MINORS should not have been named and she shouldn't be a half a millionaire for it. WOW money going to one person the american way.

partypoisonmcr

partypoisonmcr

partypoisonmcr

Seriously I'm astounded at how people support her getting the money. The money she gets is a bigger issue than these nasty kids. Ignore them, they're idiots. PERIOD. any person with a brain can see this.

Patty

The parents of these spawns of satan should be thoroughly ashamed.An apology letter? Are you kidding me? Were the little monsters sick in bed the day that respect for elders and others was given? No I'm sure they weren't they were in their rooms playing WOW or some other computer game that kept their PARENTS from having to raise them properly!

nhautotech

I think we're all blaming the children quickly out of anger instead of looking at the hole problem. 1. we're now living in a world where we CAN'T punish our kids the way we sometimes need for fear of being penalized ourselves. 2. The kid that started the insults is most definitely troubled but the kids who later joined in were most definitely doing it just to fit in the bullies cause when boys this age get going your either picking on or very possibly soon to be getting picked on. Kids this age don't have compassion for other peoples feelings. Not today.

Don't get me wrong I feel terrible for this poor woman but just because this one was filmed doesn't mean it's even close to isolated. This type of behavior unfortunately goes on all too often and it's inevitable to continue unless uncle sam stops telling us how to live our lives.

Of course if a child is being abused that's one thing but a planned deserved spanking should not be looked upon as evil or else things like this will occur more and more.

marty bowsky

Hey guys, I'll take 10 minutes of verbal abuse AND accept the apologies, to enjoy the cash that's pouring in. What I don't understand is, why fund her retirement ? Yes, feel sorry for her, and send a caring card, but cash?

Throwback kid

I don't think these punks would have even written an apology if their parents didn't feel so much pressure from the outrage that people feel over the way this woman was bullied. I still can't believe one of the boys was talking about stabbing her with a knife? The parents that raised these boys failed, maybe these boys should be home schooled? they were 13 and 14 years old, there is no excuse to speak to a 68 year old woman this way. These boys have no respect for themselves and no respect for adults. They should not be allowed to ride that bus anymore, mommy and daddy should drive them to school everyday and maybe on the way they could teach their spoiled brats some manners.

Throwback kid

This woman is 68 years old and has no husband, I can't even imagine what it must feel like to go to work on that bus everyday and have a bunch of snot nosed little brats verally abuse her everyday. I can't even imagine if that happened to my mother, I would unleash hell on every kid on that bus and take on their fathers too. Would I get arrested? yes, but I guarantee you the last thing they would want to do is open their mouths to her again. I actually heard one kid making fun that her family members are dead, these kids are just rotten punks who picked on a defensless old woman, just disgusting

Mingo

Really what we are seeing is years of " don't hit your kids, Give them a time out bull****" now lets just say a parent spanks them with a belt and the kid calls 911 by the time you get done with CPS and the court system and not to mention the other children taken out of the house on a EPO ?? Really... This is what we asked for when we invited big brother into our houses to help us raise our freaking brats. Anyone know of another teen that got out of control and what happen to him..

Gigi

I truly feel bad for what happened to her, but she didn't have to allow it. If your job is bus monitor, doesn't that mean you are supposed to monitor the kids and keep them in line? If she couldn't handle some middle school kids, then she shouldn't have taken the job. I'm not saying she had to yell and scream at them, but she should have written all their names down, and what they said, and their parents should all have been told that if they do it again, they won't be allowed back on the bus. End of story. I now this won't be a popular response, but that's how I feel. She seems like a nice woman but she why does she get paid a fortune for not doing her job?

bjay

Thank the lord, she'll never have to put up with that abuse again. But I can't help feeling bad for the innocent kids that also rode that bus everyday. They witnessed the adult hired to monitor and protect them get bullied herself and do nothing about it. Every single day. And since we now know she couldn't hear well, you have to wonder how many other kids were tortured on that bus and nothing was done to stop it. Just turns your stomach to think about it.

spokenword

Forgiveness is a powerful thing. She'll always be a victim if she can't forgive.

Thomas

My punishment for those bully kids is bind their feet and hands, starve them 4 days in small solitary confinement. Let them out and house arrest for 36 days.

Viper

Poor lady. NO excuses should be made for the kids at all. Their behaviour was totally unacceptable, no matter what the lady's age or Job Position is, that kind of verbal harassment is uncalled for!